London eaten by giant cockroaches?

Found some issues… I cleared cache yesterday, after installing World 3 UK/Ireland and the additional London scenery. Today I did a lot of flights somewhere else, then went to London City to look at the new stuff. Indeed a lot of nice modern buildings… however there seems something wrong with the rest of it.

Scenery looks quite bizarre

I took a video of it, looks like bugs running around in London eating everything flat to the ground :flushed:

You don’t have Bing data turned on. Check your settings, and ensure all online features are on. You have hand crafted objects there, but no PG or autogen, just a flat texture.

That said I can see some other buildings in the distance, but first just check those online settings.

1 Like

I am online and I have bing on.

Strange thing is, cars and trees seem not to be flattened. Maybe you can see more ?

Noticed cache was switched off after clearing the cache file (??) Now trying something else…

I’m having the same issues. Vast areas of flatness in DT London.
Bing Data is on. Nvidea drives updated. Haven’t cleared cache yet. Will try that next.

Did you enjoy your CTD by doing that? :smiley:

1 Like

What is your terrain LOD? Anything less than 100 is going to look bad like that.

Terrain LOD was 100. Changed to 200. Still no help although it looks like there are more trees in the flat areas.

1 Like

I’ve 70% or 100% LOD… For this it is 100. When I’m doing repeat takeoff-landing I set it to back to 70 for framerate. This is 100, I’m testing again, now it is 100 for sure. Cache on, bing on.

Trees and ground traffic are not affected. They appear on scale. Buildings are flattened.

It looks like London is going back to an agricultural state… maybe the energy transition ? :smile:

Cause of it… dunno… looks like some elevation scale problem between the original scenery and the enriched stuff. The added photgrammetic scenery is shining, but it looks far bigger than the surrounding buildings. Or surrounding buildings are flattened.

Gonna try something else :stuck_out_tongue:

Delete landmarks London City pack, it’s incompatible.

1 Like

Also my idea, bing won’t load (?) We’ll see… restarting FS2020 now

Ah look at it… buildings are back on that spot

You love to see it.

It seems the same issue happened to the guy that took the screenshot of the new loading image :smiley:

1 Like

LOL… well I had that London scenery already before the update… I installed WIII UK/Ireland over it.

At this moment, even without daylight the difference is sooooo clear…there is elevation everywhere in London

:slight_smile:

Photogrammetry and “older” scenery do not match really… maybe this kind of stuff should always be designed and built manually… OR using algorithms like the nice buildings in the background - the AI scenery seems to contain noise of some kind, rendering buildings like they could use some maintenance :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you mean the photogrammetry not AI.

If the AI was really good, it would make all that ugly low poly photogrammetry into perfectly shaped structures. Currently it only does that based on flat/2D Bing imagery. They need to make it work at a 3D level and this would be a Google Earth killer.

I guess the technology is not here yet :expressionless:

2 Likes

It’s not the technology. Neither New York or Tokyo are anywhere near as bad as London in this respect.

They are not as bad, I fully agree. They are better optimized too. But as I imagine it, it could be much much better. I will carry on dreaming :smiley:

Hmm I don’t like the lighting in New York… and if you fly down town, building textures look bad too

I think the best meshes are hand made. Whether programmed or not, they are better.

1 Like

That fixed it!!! Thank you very much!!!

Anyone payed for Being city landmarks ? It looks that one has a similar issue near the stadium… flattened scenery near large landmark buildings !