Longitude full flaps landing speed?

I googled somewhere for the speed, was like 132 kts, but I float overthe runway for quite a while before I can touch down, maybe i got it all wrong because I tried 112kts it was all right at this speed… what is the actually speed for touchdown?

With the current model, shoot for a Vref of 125 if light, moderate to heavy landing weights shoot for 145-150. Add 10 kts to your Vref within inclement weather.

1 Like

Have a look around the cockpit haven’t been in that plane for a while, but often there is a little placard with the flaps and correct speeds.

If you fly with the modded longitude use those speed!
longitude perf

1 Like

These speed feel right. Thanks. Btw do real world pilots have to hand calculate this or the FMC can do it before landing?

In the left input PFD “Pad” there is a “Speed Bugs” icon. There you find and can switch On (on the PFD screen speed ribbon) and shows the Vr - rotate speed & Vapp - landing approach speed,

which are flight computer calculated for the present aircraft weight and ambient temperatures and are the precise numbers in knots.

Here’s where this has been discussed quite through.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-citation-longitude/154208/865?u=sandbass892502

I rather think it highly unlikely that any company policy will be that Longitude pilots will be instructed to do high school arithmetic with rather imprecise parameters concerning designated approach speeds,

instead of these pilots being told to set the Vapp from the Longitude’s computer, which knows best in probably four (4) decimal points in that range,

for that is what these companies paid a hefty amount for, following the Cessna sales brief on all the benefits of highly automated flying and reducing pilot task saturation through a highly effective solidly designed Cessna flight computer.

I’d say.

You do realise that numbers in planes equiped with the G3000 dont change automaticly right?

Vapp for the tbm will always be 85kts for exemple.

In msfs you have to imput the correct speeds

1 Like

You do realize you’re disagreeing with 15 years experience in a wide variety of aircraft and over 8000 hours? I think I know what I’m talking about. Please provide proof that the jet does its own calculations.

Pffffff, I just checked, indeed. Crew can enter Vspeeds.

Then again, the G5000 Citation Excel XLS (Textron 560XL) manual says:

" … Restoring all Vspeed defaults:

1. From Home, touch PERF > Speed Bugs.
  2. Touch the Restore All Defaults Button. The system restores all takeoff and landing Vspeed reference settings to their default values … "

which begs the question WTH are “default values” to be displayed on the actual speed tape of an actual Cessna G5000 plane?

more,

" … The Approach Speed Cue is … derived from the Low Speed Awareness band. It indicates an approximate airspeed of 1.3 times the stall speed for the current weight, g loading, and aircraft configuration. The Approach Reference may be used as a general reference for Vref. It is not actually Vref, but will indicate approximately what Vref is. The Approach Speed Cue will move based on aircraft altitude and flap position. … "

So, the G5000 is connected to ‘current weight, g loading, and aircraft configuration’, but then what? It defaults to what? Full flaps, fuel weight, it says, and then what?

Anyway, in MSFS I apparently use the ‘default values’ and this works quite OK for my little trips from LOWI to LOWS and back (the worse the weather at night the better), never skips a beat.

If you check the numbers it seems to default for a heavy plane

No where does this say, these are “accurate” or “ four decimal places” calculations. It even says it’s provides a general idea of Vref. Not sure where you’re getting the idea that the airplane must calculate it’s own V speeds and pilot arithmetic is not used.

I am a tech. A 737 can. Rather flabbergasted a G5000 can’t, this is bloody 2021. Coming to think of it. Garmin indeed not too clever a company. Makes pilots use a Casio hand calculator, perhaps a pencil and a napkin. Just Dumb.

Just did a lookup of Garmin. They entered the avionics industry as a Micky Mouse company. All the sensors needed for auto everything are present in a Longitude. Garmin just announced the development of “autoland” from anywhere to anyplace for experimental aircraft (last year).
A Longitude has all the stuff to perform autoland - and the price -. This is simply behind the curve. Micky Mouse is a bit slow and their certification process no doubt even slower. Nuts.

1 Like

We’re talking about the virtual plane that cant…

So just because your 737 FMC does calculations for a pilot, every other jet with an FMS should. Got it. (BTW, I’m A320 typed and it too calculates landing speeds itself)

Unfortunately, that’s not the case, nor the procedure for what the topic is here. The OP asked. It was mentioned in another post. I linked it. It IS what pilots do. I’m sorry that’s too difficult to understand.

Never forget to bring a pencil, you might fall out of the sky.
And an expensive enough Longitude, indeed should have better avionics then what this Garmin cr*ap apparently is.

LOL… okay man. What ever you say.

Folks, you’re allowed to do what ever you want in YOUR simulator. The OP asked how to figure out landing speeds. I showed how to. Some jets can do it for you, the Longitude isn’t one of them. Like American politics, just some don’t want accept the truth.

1 Like

BTW I met enough pilots in my lifetime. Instructor pilots, KLM transatlantic heavy’s, Tornado jet, F16, Starfighter, seen them all. What about it?
American politics and aviation is bad business indeed. I dug into my memory. I can remember business politics from Garmin some ways back, atrocious.