Longitude Mod 1.8 incompatible with new upgrade

The modded Longitude just doesn’t show up in the hanger. But after I remove the mod and restore the original layout.json it shows up. I have struggled all night long doing trouble shooting, reinstalling, removing and reinstalling, my conclusion is the mod is incompatible or even conflicting after MSFS was upgraded. I’d like to know it’s the same case with you…

We’re quite a lot that have 1.8 Working very well

Make sure to have the latest layout.json replacing the stock one, because the update put the original back

No prob with the 1.8 MOD on my side

It could be a conflict with another mod.
Empty the community folder of everything but the Long. mod and try!

I have done all that but unfortunately nothing worked. I’ve kinda exhausted all options cuz longitude is my primary ac so I’m going to the last resort which is reinstalling the whole sim. It sounds daunting but actually easier than troubleshooting. MS has made the reinstallation so easy. My internet speed is relative fast, in a few hours it’s reborn. But before I go ahead I’m not 100% sure all my shortcut mappings will be retained. I vaguely remember someone on the forum said all the mappings a setting would be kept intact but can someone who did this confirm this? I can’t imagine I’ll have to redo this… it’d take hours Thanks

You don’t need to reinstall the entire Sim. You have simply not installed the mod properly. You need to reread the instructions very carefully.

If you don’t install the MOD properly, after you finish reinstalling the Sim you will still have the same problem.

Your issue is a common problem for people who do not understand how the virtual file system works since this Mod is a non-standard install.

If you’re willing to try one more time, please describe the installation instructions IN YOUR OWN WORDS so we can debug your understanding. Be as detailed and specific as possible.

But I have been using this mod since its version 1.5, it all worked in the past until lately. I have to associate this problem with the world update because there has not been any change in my system, and I have not added any new mods before it went south.
My installation since 1.5 has been: replace the stock layout.json with the provided one, then copy paste one of the mod folders into the community folder. Did I do it wrong in the first place?

No, that sounds right. But you do understand that anything in the stock (Official) folder can get reset during a sim update, right? So your layout.json is not the one in the mod anymore, it’s the default layout.json. So the mod will not be recongnized.

You need to replace the stock layout.json file again. That’s what @genbrien said, above. Make sure you are replacing it with the layout.json file that is included in the mod. Anything you have in the sim folder is not to be trusted.

Yes I did multiple times last night. What’s confusing is: when I first started flying the Longitude I realized something was wrong, such as the FLC not being able to capture the set speed and some other strange behaviors. So I instantly understood that that had something to do with the new update. So I performed a clean reinstallation that is removing the stock longitude from its content manager and downloading the content again. After that, I did the above mentioned process to reinstall the mod. However from that point the nature of problem changed I was not able to launch the sim. The sim had CTD right before it opened welcome interface, and CTD again and again. So I went back to the community folder and moved all the mods to a different location then started the sim, this time it started all right, but in the hanger there were 29 aircraft instead of 30, of course the longitude was missing. So I went to Content Manager again, it was in the Manager but I was not able to delete it anymore because the delete bottom on the lower right was not there. And I redid the mod installation, even tried previous versions and none worked. Here I’m stuck.

The Longitude is missing because the layout.json file in the official folder is referring to files that you moved out of the Community folder. So the sim is stuck because it can’t delete. You have to return the Longitude to the default state and then delete it.

I recommend just manually deleting the longitude from the Official folder and then try to re-download it

I just did that. It’s quite clear now when it has the stock layout.json the plane shows up in the hangar , when the stock layout is replaced by the mod layout the plane is missing from the hangar, any option?

You have to replace the layout.json AND add the mod to the Custom folder.

Think it through. If the layout.json is replaced without the mod in the custom folder, then from the sim’s point of view, the aircraft is missing files. So it doesn’t show up in the hangar.

What do you mean by custom folder? Community folder? If so I did that too, when I say reinstall the mod I mean both replacement of layout and the mod in the community folder

Yes, sorry, Community folder.

You’ve installed this before and had it working, right?

If you’ve reinstalled the entire thing and the aircraft disappears from the hangar, that means that you installed it incorrectly. I don’t know how much I can go into detail about this. I can’t hold your hand for every step of the install, sorry.

But the Longitude works with the latest version of the sim. I think you have somehow made a mistake in the installation somewhere along the line

Well I can’t say I’m a computer expert but I’m definitely not computer illiterate, I know all the process of installation and I did many versions of longitude and many different mods. I think there’s a deeper issue here than jus t installing the mod. I’m gonna go ahead reinstall the whole simulator from scratch. But thank you for your help , I really appreciate it.

before doing that

just to make sure

1 - the sim dont crash anymore that you delete and re-installed the default Longitude?
1.5 - can you fly the default Longitude?

2 - the latest layout.json for the mod is dated from the 20th of February. do you have that one?

All affirmative. Downloading in process. Thanks.

The layout file was directly extracted from the v1.8 zip file.

1 Like

I finished a clean installation, but the same old problem still persists. If I install the mod the system can’t recognize the layout files, if I remove the mod (along with the mod layout) it shows up in the hangar fine but it’s just a stock plane which I’m not quite interested, so literally I lost my favorite biz jet…

Have you tried deleting the Longitude mod and all zip files related to it, redownloading it from flightsim.io and installing from scratch?

Look, computers don’t run on magic. There is a logical reason how the system works and a logical reason why yours isn’t working.

Do you have any external drives? Is MSFS installed on the C: drive? Where is your Community folder? Are there any other folders you might have forgotten about? Are you sure? Are you really, sure? Can you prove it to me?

When you did a “clean installation” how did you remove the old install?

Many years of debugging computer problems have told me that if you keep looking for the solution you will eventually figure out the problem. And then it will be obvious and make perfect sense why it isn’t working now. Don’t give up.

Yes I installed from a new download of 1.8, I also installed the previous versions from 1.5, 1.6, 1.65, 1.7 and 1.75, none of them worked! The hangar shows 29 planes without the Longitude. I installed the sim on the C drive with everything in their default directories.
The clean installation was done by uninstalling the sim from XBox platform, and reinstalling from the same XBox interface, it downloaded about 160+ GB and before it started to install I checked the C drive and made sure the whole MS simulation folder was purged.
I know there gotta be a reason, just don’t know what :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved: