Longitude Roll/Ailerons Key Mappings are Backward

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

After the AAU update, the Cessna Longitude ailerons are mapped backward for the keyboard mapping. I’ve had Numpad 4 mapped to roll left, and Numpad 6 mapped to roll right for years. However, after the AAU update, pressing Numpad 4 now causes the downward deflection of the left aileron and upward deflection of the right aileron/spoiler (roll right). The screenshot below is a full aileron deflection for a left roll (Numpad4) and notice the reversed flight controls.

This is specific to the Longitude it appears. All other aircraft are normal and Numpad 4 produces the expected upward left aileron and downward right aileron. As a result, if flying the Longitude, I have to map the keys backward to get correct control.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Use any livery of Cessna Longitude

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

I have exactly the same issue as described, only aileron roll is inversed, pitch and yaw are ok.

Same here with this bug. Really weird so few reports

No. The left aileron points up when I add left roll.

Have you tried this in safe mode?

Is this why when I try to take off the aircraft rolls to the left and crashes into the ground?

1 Like

I don’t know. I suggest keeping your aircraft on the ground and turning your yoke or flight stick to the left and right and looking to see what they do. When your control goes to the left, your left aileron should go up and your right aileron should go down, and vice versa.

Fortunately this issue is listed as corrected in the SU12 release notes!

1 Like