"Look Ma, no hands!" achievement can't be unlocked even with 2500+-mile flights on autopilot

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

“Look Ma, no hands!” achievement doesn’t unlock when successfully completed. It’s not clear if it’s a cumulative or single-flight trophy, but regardless I’ve done dozens of flights where autopilot was continuously active for 600+ miles. To prove the point, I did another one yesterday from FACT-HUEN on the latest beta which is 2,500+ miles with autopilot on from ~60 seconds after takeoff to ~5 minutes prior to landing. Still no achievement.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Proof of 2,500±mile flight. Autopilot was used basically start to finish on this flight without a single disconnection:

“Look Ma, no hands!” achievement still showing as locked in MSFS after flight:

“Look Ma, no hands!” achievement still showing as locked in Steam after flight:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Start MSFS with nothing in Community folder.
  2. Start a flight in any mode which is significantly longer than 600 miles. (I’ve tried longer than 2,500+ miles in a single flight.)
  3. Enable autopilot immediately after taking off.
  4. Leave autopilot enabled throughout the entire flight without even brief interruptions.
  5. Disable autopilot immediately before landing.
  6. Return to main menu.
  7. Open achievements page in MSFS or Steam.
  8. Check if achievement has unlocked.
  9. Note that it hasn’t.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Dell XPS-15 9570 with Hotas.X, 1080p, render scaling 50, 30fps limit, DX12 Beta, medium rendering quality except high glass cockpit refresh rate, depth of field and motion blur disabled.

Maybe it can’t be done during a beta test install?

It wasn’t working for me prior to beta either, and other achievements are able to unlock under beta so why wouldn’t one this basic and commonly-awarded be?

I’m wondering if it may be similar to other achievements where it only “recognizes” standard edition aircraft. Maybe try the same flight with the stock A320 Neo and see what happens?

Maybe it is like other games where you need to find a way to unlock the secret box because MS can be sneaky. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

The achievements in the sim are hilariously bugged. For me the “Greased” one is has been stuck on 95% despite me doing every landing challenge twice over. Don’t even get me started about “My Way” achievement

Good tip thanks, I’ll give this a try!

Supposedly My Way is fixed now, so be sure to report otherwise in this thread if it’s still not working for you:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/my-way-achievement-has-unlocked-for-me-after-su8-install/497707

2 Likes

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#pc #xbox

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Zendesk Ticket #150865

Today, March 22, 2022 Martial stated during the Q&A that achievements were fixed.

I’ve made thousands of miles of flights with Autopilot on both the PC and Xbox and the achievement “Look Ma, No Hands!” remains locked and it’s progress remains at 0%.

There is a multitude of applicable flights in my logbook. I flew the 787 well over 600 miles on autopilot after SU8 released.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
If this is a corruption in my user account, the step to reproduce may have different results at Asobo.

Fly for 600 miles using autopilot.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: SU6, but still current in 1.23.12.0

Must be a bug introduced recently. I have 88% progress on this achievement and I can’t seem to make any progress anymore. I can’t tell when it stopped counting the miles.

Issue is gone for me. I was able to get the achievement.

Issue fixed in version 1.25.7.0