Looking For A "Bridge Club"

I haven’t had a game make my jaw drop (at both the graphics and the demand on my system’s resources) in a long while, but this one certainly does. So after a quick RAM upgrade, I’m now hooked!

I’ve learned some basics, but am much more content to simply fly around and take in the scenery or work through achievements / activities. As a result, I’ve can proudly say that I have about a 75% chance of actually landing…and maybe even on an actual runway! Yes indeed, I’m the type that can admit to racking up two overall scores of less than 400 points in landing challenges. But I did in fact get credit for finishing them, so to me that’s success.

Considering my great achievements flying solo, I’m ready to give multiplayer a try provided I can find a small group where an old man with the attention span of a gnat can fit in. Some sense of realism is necessary, and learning along the way is great, but for me it’s more about having fun. So if there is a group out there where “Bridge” is the equivalent of “Squirrel”, immediately requiring all members to try to fly under said structure, please consider letting this old man sign up. You may have to be patient on occasion, but at least you will have someone to permanently occupy the lowest spot in your pilot rankings.

Central Time Zone, USA, (GMT-6), but I usually play late nights/wee hours of the morning. And yes, I have the names on both XBox and Discord, so I’m claiming “dibs” on the tail number in game as well (I get quite the kick out of my ATC conversations).

B4W4P2T
Discord: B4W4P2T#8578

3 Likes

For any aspiring Bridge Club members out there, from what I can tell, this may be the case where hand-drawn structures are inferior to the AI generated structures.

The approach to New River Gorge bridge in West Virginia is beautiful, but the screen goes black as soon as you get under the bridge. Hey, at least you got a good kick out of the POI label which reads New River George Bridge. The nearby airport (WV32) has the name correct, but something tells me that artwork for the POI was given priority over getting the name right. Oh well, reload the sim, wander why the Hobbs Meter didn’t seem to reset even though the plane was apparently totaled, and move on.

Compare that experience to the Fremont Bridge in Portland Oregon. One of the largest arch bridges in the US but not on the map as a POI, thereby assuming that it is AI generated in the sim. In game, it doesn’t appear to be any different than any of the other bridges in that town. However, if one is very careful … WOOT! Yes indeed, it really can be done!

So to anyone willing to have some fun, it might be advisable to avoid any bridges marked as POIs in the game. I’m thinking that Blackshark may know that a bridge is not solid while the folks that draw things by hand in the game ain’t quite got that figured out yet. Just a theory for now, I’m off to do more research!

Now go ahead and admit it…you gave it a look, and maybe even gave it a try. If so, sing along with me…to that basic tune involving 99 bottles of an adult beverage:

B4W4P2T
W4P
… Insert a rhyme, and have a good time …
B4W4P2T

Yes, you can sing the theme song on those long, boring Jack of All Planes trips, but you can’t have the tail number in game. Haha…enjoy!

B4W4P2T
Discord: B4W4P2T#8578