Looking for a fully functional VNAV LNAV aircraft

Hello. I am a real life experienced pilot. I recently installed MFS. I am disappointed that I cannot find any jet that their systems (CDU, FMC, VNAV, LNAV) work like they should. I am tempted to buy your 737-800. Can you please confirm for example when I reach TOD, the plane will automatically initiate the descent and respect speed and altitude of waypoints all the way to FAF? For example the XP12 ZIBO 737 does that very well. Can someone suggest an aircraft in MFS that has that capability? Thank you.

Native:

• CJ4
  • Longitude in premium Deluxe version
  • TBM (not a jet, but title asks for an aircraft)

3rd party:

• PMDG 737 family
  • Fenix A320
  • FlyByWire simulations A320
  • Honda Jet

How can you tell if someone is a real pilot? No need. They’ll tell you themselves :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you Pieter2427. Since I know very well the 737, I’ll buy the 737-900 from PMDG and give that a shot.

In addition to what @Pieter2427 already mentioned,

A310, although it’s not perfect

LSH FlyTheMaddogX (Payware)

And A320 family (FBW or Fenix) shows you the TOP of descent, but doesn’t initiate descent automatically. You still have to initiallte the descent.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I was fortunate enough to fly 3 different 737 full scale simulator. So I have a pretty good knowledge on how they operate.
The closest to reality i encountered in the sim world is XP Zibo 737. BUT MFS has better FPS and graphics. so if I can get a 737 or Airbus that flies like the real thing then I am in. Thanks again.

You did well to get the 737-800. I, like you, liked to (virtually) fly with the Zibo in X-Plane. I switched over almost exclusively to MSFS last spring and got the 737-700 when it came out. It is very good and I have since purchased their -800 and -900. Systems are modeled, in my opinion, as good as the Zibo. The VNAV version that is used in the PMDG NGs is an older version (I forget the exact version number), but it does very very well. I use it on VATSIM all the time and it has never once let me down. The flight modeling is also very good and has improved over time with subsequent PMDG releases and MSFS version updates.

If you are looking for an Airbus, look no further than the Fenix A320. It runs prosim in the background and is completely modeled in terms of systems
 well, as good as can possibly get without being a level D. :rofl:

Other suggestions have already been mentioned - The CJ4 with the Proline 21 is also amazingly good. Full VNAV and a very complete representation of the Collins avionics. TBM with the G3000 is a joy to fly behind, too if you are looking for a Turboprop.

Maybe this topic should be moved to another categorie. The CJ4 has excellent VNAV/LNAV, although it doesn’t have auto thrust. Also, I don’t see much problems anymore with VNAV/LNAV in the G3000 and 5000. And plenty of high-quality airliners, with more around the corner.

Thank you Deelee6800 for that info. Excellent to know. I just bought the 737-900 from PMDG so today i’ll give that a fair shot. I appreciate everyone who took the time to help me come over MFS. Happy Simming!

FBW 32nx is freeware and has it - very good addition to the sim!

Thank you but I am only interested in Airbus and Boieng

Thank you Kevin

1 Like

Very simple install process they have an installer I would suggest downloading the developer version

Here is the link to the site. They also have discord to help if needed

AFAIK development version of the a32nx doesn’t yet have managed climb / descent (ala VNAV) functionality. Op wiil need the experimental version.

2 Likes

The Experimental version of the FBW has the most advanced vnav/lnav functionality and is as stable as the Stable version. But it’s easy to switch between versions in the installer, and compare them. And the installer can also install other mods, like FSLTL-traffic . I still can’t believe it’s free, these FBW guys are pure gold.

Thanks a lot!

Well guys I am off to a good start with MFS PDMG 737-900. I did KPSP to KSAN FL140 LOC 27. no issue! As you know I am from the XP world. So if you can help me with the following questions that would be great!

1. I read that MFS does not have a replay like XP. Correct?
  2. I used to have WebFMC to type in with my keyboard flight plan. Something similar in MFS?
  3. I love XPRealistic. Anyone tried MSRealistic from the same vendor?
  4. Can I get and import keyboard mappings and views from a community or do I have to setup controls and views from scratch?
  5. in XP there is an addon X-Camera. Super cool with fly by orbit etc.
  6. I use Navigraph and Simbrief to create plans. Can I import those in the PMDG 737-900?

Sorry for my questions but I am excited about getting this up and running soon!

Thank you for all the help! Andre.

1 Like

Yes you certainly can - do you need a 900 simbrief profile I can provide that as well - directly import your flight plan to the sim

Here is a YouTube tutorial

:rofl: That was a good one

1 Like

Wow Kevin you rock! Only problem now is i’ll be glued to my PC for the rest of the day! Thank you!

1 Like