Looking for a good mic for speech recognition and Pilot2ATC?

Hi there, Can anyone recommend a good mic for speech recognition and Pilot2ATC? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I don’t know anything about your setup. Until recently I used my t-bone USB sc440, until I discovered, that my Reverb G2 actually has a built-in mic. I don’t experience any difference in speech recognition, so I think my microphone quality aspiration have been overrated.
If pilot2atc does not understand my intentions, then there are usually other reasons :smile:

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried to use the built-in speech recognition software in Win 10 but it wouldn’t pickup my voice… I have an laptop and I don’t use VR…I was using the built-in mic on my laptop but I didn’t like that.

I use a very cheap (£5) clip-on mic, works well. When I first started with pilot2ATC it took me a while to get it dialed in, lots of time spent with the voice recognition training, but once i’d completed that stage properly it recognized me no problem.

Prior to that, I used a built-in WEBcam mic and a Blue Yeti, but they were either too cumbersome or had problems recognizing my voice.

If its your first time with p2atc, walk through the stages for setup line by line, once its working its great, but took me a while to get it sorted.

Hi there, What voice recognition training program do you use?

Not for speech recognition specifically, but after experimenting with a number of microphones I’ve been using this Seinheiser headset for everything including VATSIM. A couple of other people I do web meetings with have ordered one.

Sennheiser 504196 PC 7 USB - Mono… Amazon.ca