Looking for a working ATC

Hi all,
I’ve given up on the built-in ATC, its now asking me to verify “plane in sight at my 6o’clock position” which just seems pointless :slight_smile:

I’m not ready for VatSim yet.

Others have mentioned Pilot2ATC as a good option but nearly all videos I see show it as having a window open for it, plus having to plan my route inside Pilot2ATC - I don’t have any spare screen space as using all three monitors for immersion and I like planning my route in LittleNavMap.

Can it work without these limitations or am I going to have to change my ways again ??

Most of the videos are over 2 years old as well or focus on X-Plane etc

Any users on here that can give me some reassurance or real-life experience with it - i see there is a 10-day trial but really dislike installing stuff if it won’t work to my expectations :wink:

You do not need to create the FlightPlan in P2A. You can import from Simbrief.

I used the in-sim ATC for less than a day when I started and jumped right to P2A and then to VATSIM where I fly exclusively now.

Give P2A a try. It has a fully functional trial period. Just be sure to do the voice training for optimal results.

1 Like

Is VATSIM easier than Pilot2ATC ?

Looking at many videos it seems setting up P2Atc and it’s workflow can be a bit convoluted maybe?

I already have a Vatsim account and even passed the beginner exam as I use it to access Chartfox for airport charts etc. so moving up to actually using the live ATC is only another step in the chain.

Maybe worth trying?
Does VS have coverage of the UK or just the busy parts?

Personally Dave, I use PF3 coupled with Multicrew Experience. This combo allows voice communication with the ATC, PF3 has regional voices and interacts with any AI program. Only problem is that it’s pricey to get both but updates are free from then on.

The only downside to this combo is that with PF3 you have to input Stars and Sids manually, but is easy when you get used to it.

Multicrew experience also allows voice interaction with your copilot, allowing great workflows for a variety of aircraft that are updated all the time. There is a demo version for MCE and there used to be one for PF3 too but I’m not at pc right now to check if that’s stil the case.

Maybe you should take a look?

1 Like