Looking for ANY G1000 aircraft with working breakers for partial panel work

I’m looking for any aircraft, 3rd party or otherwise, that is equipped with a G1000 and has working breakers where I could disable the AHARS so I can practice partial panel IFR. Anything out there that fits the bill?

TIA

I think the Platus PC-6 with the G1000 has working circuit breakers.

Never mind! The Pilatus G950 does, though.

Kodiak 100?

This topic brought a smile to my face. Back in the day (hint: it was a rather long time ago…) when I was doing IF training, the instructors had cardboard cutouts that fit different instruments and placed them over whichever instrument they wanted to take out. Crude, but effective. But not easy to do in the sim… :smile:

Easy to do if you run external instruments.

I don’t have Kodiak and don’t expect to buy it in case of in sim C208,

first idea is C208 with gauge overhaul, if I good remember there is possibility to play with circuit brakers :smiley: In my history (from FS9 to FSX times) I’ve used FSD PA34V2 and PA32 II TC where guys perfectly modeled this. shame no not have this PA34 here inside MSFS with persistent failure and other management systems.

Not in VR. I only fly VR, just can’t do flat screen anymore.

1 Like

VR has many down sides just like this one. Not tempted by it until it becomes much less limited. Perhaps one day when the I can do all what I can now with monitors.

Once you try it, it will all be clear.

@ tempmoe

Why you didn’t report VR required in first post?

If you want good help/answer, report all relevant infos about your situation, then users can better answer to you.

Tried it and found all the downsides made for a frustrating experience. It’s got a ways to go yet.

For the guys not in VR, how are you disabling the AHARS? It would work no differently in VR, external instruments will work exactly the same unless I’m missing something?

I think you cant with the g1000 nxi, it only has a bootup state were the ahars is failed but you cant fail it in the air as far as I know but for a definite answer you would have to ask on the working title discord.

I’m in VR, but it’s no different in flat screen. How would you fail the AHARS in flat acreen?

A G1000 install has dual AHRS and ADC units. In the more modern installation these are often combined so you have dual ADAHRS. To lose every G1000 AHRS you would have to pull both the No1 and No.2 breaker. If you pull the No.1 breaker in the Kodiak you get a CAS message letting you know everything is now running from just the No.2 system. Note that when you pull the AHRS breaker the ADC breaker automatically pops in unison. This is because they are joined as a single ADAHRS unit in the sim as I explained above. If you proceed to pull the No.2 breaker the CAS message clears but the attitude and airdata remains useable. No red X. You can however fail the whole PFD or MFD by pulling the relevant breakers. You then obviously have to use whatever standby instrument(s) your particular aircraft has fitted. In the later model Kodiak that’s modelled in the sim it’s the ESI-500 electronic standby but it could be 3 analog instruments.

So it seems G1000 electrical component power loss is either not modelled in the sim or the devs are not currently using it. Playing with in sim failures may yield different results.

Ok,

I’ve answered only to you with some recommendation because you have some answer from user about use of external instruments and you then answered with new quite important option you’re use and that this isn’t possible to do in your case.

So there is no way to fail the AHARS in the kodiak.

Well not on its own. You can fail the whole PFD as I said. I wouldn’t think you can do this in any G1000 equipped MSFS aircraft. Well not one that I’ve seen anyhow.