Looking for peripherals

Received the Logitech today and flew a bunch. Wow for only $30, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro totally transformed the sim for the better. The whole experience is different. I’m flying everything so much better - didn’t realize how difficult and imprecise keyboard control is.

The precision control of the stick is leaps and bounds better than keyboard num pad. It’s also so much faster to execute controls, even with the default key mapping. Extremely happy with this!

3 Likes

And you’ll feel the same difference the day you’ll get a VKB joystick :wink:
Glad you’re satisfied, nowadays it’s pretty rare for only $30…

2 Likes

Yes. Neither of those devices are as well designed or use contactless sensors throughout or quality buttons etc.

Thrustmaster (and Logitech) rely on brand recognition to push kit which isn’t worth a fraction of the asking price.

Happy for you. The stick is worth the money and as you learn, you may try other products. The purists want the best available to fly an electronic airplane on a home PC. Resist the urge for now and as long as you enjoy your experience. Its not real, no matter the hopes of some. I have a fair amount of “enhanced experience” for controls and they get dusty in the flight sim storeroom.

Thanks. Right now, I have no urge. I’m thrilled. The throttle lever works great as well - so much more precision control and really like all the other buttons.

To put into analogy, maybe it’s not like a custom mansion or a luxury sports car, but it’s like going from living in a dorm room to an actual house or from taking public transportation (in a car centric location) to getting a new fully functioning mainstream vehicle. I’m thrilled.

That’s great that you can enjoy MSFS much more now. :slight_smile: :+1:

How easy is it to fly with your keypad ?
Can this be set up easily

I am going to let my poor old X52 to go. I have to do that, it don`t work that good anymore.

T.16000M FCS is an option to replace it as I am not willing to get pedals. But how do you control mixture and prop with it?

Logitech G Extreme 3D Pro Joystick for Windows - Black/Silver

On sale now on Amazon at 50% off. 20 bucks