Looking for some VR troubleshooting - white horizontal stripe (Pimax Crystal and Pico 4)

Hi guys,

i am experiencing a weird behaviour in VR. I still dont know what is causing it but sometimes when i spawn in the runway i get a white horizontal stripe across my screen. I have taken a screenshot and a video as well. It happens with my Pico 4 and the Pimax Crystal, which i am currently testing.

i dont know what is causing this issue… for sure is not a headset problem as i am seeing this in the Pico 4 and the Pimax.

a cable or connection problem can not be since it is hapenning to me with a wireless connection (Pico 4) or through a display port connection (Pimax Crystal)…

can it be that the problem comes from using OpenXr Tool kit? or the “PimaxXR”? (I have also in default settings)

the in-game graphic settings are set as following, but it dont think this has to do anything with this issue…

Thanks for any feedback! :slight_smile:

Try running “bare” sim, remove temporarily all the content of the Community folder (keep it for later, of course).

3 Likes

Thanks Stekusteku for your reply. I will do this right now, i will disable any addon in the community, and report back!

side question, i believe you have a Pimax Crystal right? do you know how i set my IPD in the Cristal? i am moving it manually in the device but i cannot tell was is correct of not. Thank you!

You just ask somebody to measure you pupil distance with the ruler. Look straight ahead during the measurement. Then set this value and move a bit wider or narrower until you feel it’s right (the same way you do when using pair of binoculars). Many people prefer slightly smaller value vs. the measured one.
There are many instructions/videos in the Internet how to measure the IPD, if you want it super sophisticated you can even ask optician in any glasses store. But this would be an overkill, simple ruler should be enough.

1 Like

So I am reporting back. After disabling and enabling some addons from the community, the white strips are not showing anymore. I suspect it had to do with a livery that I was using for the Fenix A320… thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Hi.
I had the same problem on Pico 4.
By turning off and on several addons, separately and in groups, I finally found that problem was caused by Shift+Z Stats addon.
Too bad for me as it was the only one I know which was showing actual sim rate.

1 Like

Bit late to this however if you want to retain the shift-Z feature I have found that by going into toolbar settings when in VR there are two options turned on ( for me at least). Not at the computer so not sure what it’s called.
Turn off the second one & that closes the white bar. Unfortunately you have to do this every initial VR session. Subsequent times you enter VR it doesn’t appear.

1 Like