Looking forward to the 22nd - VR!

I think that black spaghetti should be on your plate, not the floor!

Envious :relaxed:

Come help me with wire management please!:sob:

1 Like

What is the size of this update?

Does anyone know when the full client will be updated to the new vr Feature?
I would like to install the FS2020 only when the VR update is integrated in the full client😅

Best regards

on my way :smiley:

Will only cost ya lunch and a tank of gas

1 Like

I’ve just opened the sim and its still not available as a download. Not sure on the time, but someone did say 10am EST.

1 Like

VR? Meh. Not really relevant for jet flying. Can see the attraction for bush flying though not really my bag.

Hi Sweviver, nice to bump into you here, I’ve enjoyed your work on VR over the years, glad you are in on the MSFS project, we might pick up some tips on your channel.

1 Like

You’re not making any sense…
Formation flying and being able to fully judge your wingman’s distance on tight formation patterns in full stereoscopic 3D and convergence…you know that thing with your vision called DEPTH?
The advantage of VR over formation flying jets through a 2d monitor is a no brainer. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Thanks mate! Of course, flight sim in VR is my passion! Unfortunately I never granted VR beta access, so today I’ll try FS2020 VR for the first time. Sure there will be videos of course :slight_smile: More encouraging than ever to make these. Exciting times!

Cheers

3 Likes

Oh dear Oh dear. A little envy creeping in. Find a friend with VR and have a go, you WILL change your mind.

6 Likes

that is very true.

1 Like

Indeed, the only way to convince a person who never tried VR is to actually let him/her try it. And once you try it, there is no way back :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning waiting to open gifts, just give me my vr!

1 Like

Same bro, I could barely get any sleep. Luckily, I’m in PST so I get the update at 7 am (if it is true its releasing at 10 eastern).

Been waiting a long time for this! Been flying dcs in vr since. I won’t fly in 2d ever again!

1 Like

Yesterday i got my G2… Tried it with my 2080Ti… when i bought the 2080 Ti i sweared that i will not by a new gpu before 2022…
Today i saw a 3090 available to ship… so i broke my own rules for MSFS VR!

Pleas give me the update now! :smiley:

It’ll have to work well in my Index - I am dubious about how well the Quest 2 will do the job. I tested FSX (FlyInside) yesterday with the Quest 2, and though the cockpit was excellent, the scenery left a lot to be desired. Even on max settings all round for terrain etc. anything further than a couple of miles away was just a blur, and pop-in was very prevalent.

This was over Papua New Guinea, with the PIS Bush Trekker scenery, in the Flight1 Pilatus PC-12:

(edit - sorry, I forgot to mention it was using the official Link - screenshot taken with the Quest UI function)

hmmmmm. So it looks like it wasn’t 10a.m. EST after all then… :frowning:

all ready here!

2 Likes