Looking to upgrade one item. What do you think?

Hey all. I’ve been hook on MSFS (Steam version) since it’s release date and the time is coming to up grade my PC. I know there are a lot of these types of posts but each system is different, so I’m starting a new one specifically for my stuff.

I built this computer for MSFS and I am (relatively) happy with what I bought, but it’s time to start swapping out components. Keep in mind that I don’t overclock and I’d like to keep the motherboard. I’m also on a limited budget, so I’m looking for the best ‘bang-for-the-buck’ with ONE single purchase.

I run most everything on high/ultra. The FPS can drop a bit when at large airports and high traffic. I also regularly use FSLTL, FBW A320, and PMDG 737-6.

What do you think my first purchase should it be? Where should I start? Thanks for any assistance! :innocent:

Current basic stuff:

• ASUS Tuf Gaming X570 Plus with AMD 3600X
  • G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Ripjaws @ 3200MHz
  • MSI RTX 2600 Super running 1440 (my eyes aren’t good enough to fully enjoy 4K lol)
  • EVGA Super Nova 650w G5 80 Plus Gold PSU

The only answer given your stated requirements is a 5800X3D.

1 Like

The cheapest and most significant upgrade would be the Ryzen 5800X3D. You can keep your current AM4 motherboard and other components - just update the BIOS first, then drop in the new 5800X3D.

1 Like

I would recommend waiting a little until Asobo/MSFT optimizes the Sim a little more! You will most likely be disappointed with most upgrades you will make as the Sim is yet to be optimized!

1 Like