Looks like snow for Christmas!

I am hearing that the December 22nd update is going to bring Real-Time Snow with it it!

15 Likes

That would be nice. Any source ?

It’s mentioned on the following article: Microsoft Flight Simulator is Fastest Growing Entry in the Series with Over 2 Million Players to Date - Xbox Wire

As a thank you to all of you – die-hard simmers and newcomers to flight simulation alike – we are pleased to announce that we are preparing a few surprises alongside the VR update launching on December 22. Everyone will receive a unique Microsoft Flight Simulator- themed livery for the entire launch plane fleet and simmers will be able to fly with the same cute dog-themed liveries that Rufus and Sam flew in their Pitts Special. Finally, given the time of year, the update will add real-time snow and true-to-life ice coverage to the entire planet.

33 Likes

I hope the nerf the icing effect on aircraft; happens way too fast and regardless of visible moisture.

15 Likes

Climate change has an effect in MSFS then!

3 Likes

Ice coverage! Whole planet! To Australia and NZ in December? To Africa?

The snow (in right places) would be nice but not with green leafs in trees.

We shall see…

4 Likes

To some, it’s NEVER enough. This is nice progress. Quit complaining. Seasons are coming next year!

50 Likes

I disagree, it used to be like you described but one of the updates in the last month or so has improved icing a lot. At least for me. Much slower and never without reason.

5 Likes

Sounds like a first step towards the long anticipated ‘seasons’…

1 Like

Who cares about the snow! It’s the dog liveries that count! :smile:

5 Likes

Good thing too. Baron flight last night from CYQR to CYDQ. 10000 ft, clear across the prairies. Was DARK by the time I passed CYEG and of course hit a line of weather at CYZU. Popped upstairs for supper while on AP and when I came back down was at 125kts with a nice pretty pattern on the windows. Should have turned on deice before eating! Thank Jack Frost I had pitot heat on at least.

3 Likes

Well, the statement clearly says it will apply to the entire planet where snow happens.

I guess that it will also be changing dynamically with weather reports throughout earth during winter seasons both in northern and southern hemispheres. The logic behind not different from good old FS2004.

They obviously do not mean to cover in snow the Congo Delta or Australia’s Outback.

3 Likes

I think this is awesome :sunglasses: look forward to this update!

1 Like

If you read the post I reference, the MS update says there will be a few “surprises” in the December update. The dog liveries in the MS Xmas commercial https://youtu.be/nIACub_0bxI and snow are mentioned. Everyone is enthusiastic about snow (I am, too). I’m just joking (see the emoji I used if understanding my English usage is hard) and suggesting that we have our priorities backwards - it’s the dog liveries that should be getting the attention!!! <<<warning, warning: this is a lousy joke>>>.

Hope the explanation helps you but maybe not …

Edit_Update: BTW, yeah, it’s Coca-Cola, but I think the Coca-Cola Xmas commercial better captures what we should be more concerned about getting and giving in the Christmas spirit - snow and dog liveries will still be nice on the side…

2 Likes

Sorry. Should have picked that up. I was the guy that posted the Xmas Liveries. Guess I was expecting negative posts, so my guard was higher than my humour.

My Bad.

2 Likes

nice adverts from Coco-Cola as usual. I’m just curious where/how the dad got the motorbike? :thinking: :innocent:

Have fun all

3 Likes

Yes! i wanna snow in Brazil!

2 Likes

i am realy excited… :sunglasses:

cheers :wink:

Hope it would look a hell of a lot better than the snow seen in previous sims which seemed more like celestial dandruff to me.

2 Likes

I hope this will happend: at the moment north italian mountains is a plenty of snow than never latest years.
Unfortunatelly not possible to ski for now…only overflying with sim.
:ice_hockey::skier::skier::skier::skier::skier::ice_hockey: