Losing mouse control on Xbox Series S/X

same here even after the latest update

hi all,
i found that my usb hub made the problem.
mous and keybord directly connected to the xbox solved my problem

2 Likes

Ok, I found a solution that has worked for me multiple timesā€¦use the controller to press ā€œpress any button to continueā€ DO NOT TOUCH THE CONTROLLER AFTER. Then, after you load into the menu, plug in the Mouse FIRST. Even before yoke, joystick etc. and keyboard. Then plug in whatever peripherals after. It is very important you do not plug in anything before the mouse, otherwise you will lose functionality.

Let me know if this works for you all, it has worked for me.

2 Likes

XBOX X

ā€˜This bleedinā€™ annoying problem has just returned for me also tonightā€¦SU 8 fixed it for me as it did many others.I was suspicious though that it fixed it without any comment from Asobo but was just glad it was working happily for a month or two now .
Today I reinstalled the sim to try to fix scenery issues ,bad mistake ā€¦scenery still bad ,but the reinstall has brought the friggin mouse bug back,I have truly had enough of M/S Asobo not getting to grips with this or even mentioning it ( I have personally seen no mention from them ).

Much more of this and I will have to consider knocking this game on the head,my blood pressure canā€™t take itā€¦Fix It Asobo!! , rant over,my apologies.

2 Likes

Same here, but without reinstalling the game. At least we had a few weeks fun with a working mouse ā€¦ I almost forgot about this bug (dramatisation) ā€“ and it hit me like a punch out of nowhere.

To clarify things: my mouse is working, but i canā€˜t click anything. Itā€™s this shocking moment, when youā€˜re on the flight simā€˜s first page, you move your mouse and the neat white borders around the marketplace, the world map, ā€¦, wonā€˜t show up. Argh.

3 Likes

Same here, worked for a couple of days, now stopped

After working for a month, the game gets updated and loan be hold the bug is backā€¦ Game is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  !

1 Like

No mention of a fix during the previous updates ,yet a couple of months ago one of the updates cured the problem instantly for most of usā€¦I was highly suspicious though that due to asobos silence on the subject a new update would reverse it back to not working again someday.

Mine worked last night but the cursor did pause a few times for a second or two then start working again so sadly I am again bracing myself for the worst .For me no mouse on Xbox equals no flightsim as I canā€™t bear using the controller cursor.

1 Like

Do you think it is fair to say Microsoft are unable to fix this bug? It is never mentioned in the development updates anymore. I think it would be decent of them to acknowledge that they are unable to fix the bug so we can stop wasting our time asking.

1 Like

I donā€™t know but SU8 dramatically improved it for me, now itā€™s quite a rare event.

1 Like

i agree with wombat , very rare now for me

My mouse is unusable in MSFS. Itā€™s perfectly fine in any other gameā€¦ I contacted Zendesk. They referred me to this OLD post citing that this is a known bug. Since this post is from July 2021 (Pathetic that itā€™s still an issue), I assume that itā€™ll never be fixed and theyre just kicking the can down the road and brushing us off by sending people here. All was fine until the 1.26.5.0 update & world update X release. I had full cockpit control with a mouse. Now it never works. Man, is it frustrating. I tried everything. So much time involved in trying to get broke things to work.

Any more recent ideas or was this fixed and my specific Series X (And a friendā€™s as well) has a problem? All the tips/ work arounds are old and often involve changing menu options that simply do not exist anymore.

Since a couple updates ago I never had an issue anymore, it has become a very rare thing when a mouse stops working.

Crazy how it wasnt working for many months ago and I didnt have a single issue. Now I am having the issue and others are good lol.

I did a full reinstall. Hard reset my xboxā€¦ wiping it clean. Then another full reinstall. No add onsā€¦ ā€œVanillaā€ I guess they call it. Mouse works with every other game exept this. Oh well, Hopefully it magically starts working again some day. Maybe Ill send my Box off to Benny Hinn for him to work some magic on it.

I wanted to post my ā€œWork Aroundā€ for anybody else having this problem. I was running a Logitech wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. Two separate wireless receivers on a powered USB hub. Worked fine until the latest 1.26.5.0 update and world update 10. Also have a Hotas One and Xbox controller.

I read a reddit post of a guy who said to start MSFS with the keyboard off and all else including the mouse turned on. It worked. A short while later after turning my keyboard back on, I started having issues again. I disconnected my keyboard and it has worked flawlessly for 3 days. Theres something going on.

I always suggest using wired keyboard and mouse on xbox, I dont have any issues anymore thank goodness only once in a while does the mouse stop working but that has become so rare that i can count it on 1 hand

1 Like

Heads up this is once again a problem with SU10 Beta so sure hope this gets fixed again before SU10 gets full release

My mouse has been working fine until today , why I donā€™t know I havenā€™t changed anything or used any new devices and I am playing on Xbox ,

However when I booted it up after taking a nap ( I work graveyard ) I noticed a lot of the updates I had installed became ā€¦not installed ??? Re applying them so maybe that will fix it ???

Stay tunned

Same hear tried other mice no joy this is unplayable now.

Still happening, man I wish I could play this game.