Loss/No longer logging flight hours

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

MSFS has stopped logging hours and flights. Have noticed in the last 2 weeks that my flight hours have gone from 1134 to 1070.After doing a flight of 1 or 2 hours that shows immediately after but when I restart or next use the sim it reverts back to 1070.Also noticed in the log book it has recorded noting since October 24th.Has anyone else come across this lately.?.Have tried with empty community folder and adding or deleting downloads in said folder.No change.Cheers.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello Marcus,

Not sure if you have fixed this issue yet, but I had a similar problem of the Sim and / or its cloud-based game saving not totaling up my accumulated flight hours. The logbook would log them, but my Sims Profile page was only showing the total hours up to a certain time period. I referred my issue to a Zendesk ticket and Stetson with Microsoft Flight Simulator Support responded straight away. He had several suggestions toward a solution, but the one that nobody ever keyed on was what fixed mine.
Assuming that you are running MSFS on a windows based PC:
On your windows taskbar, click on search (cortana, box, or magnifying glass), type services. In the top results you should see Services (as an app). Click on it. Go to all entries that relate to Xbox. On my Windows 11 I have 4 - They are:
Xbox Accessory Management Service
Xbox Live Auth Manager
Xbox Live Game Save
Xbox Live Networking Service

Make certain that all 4 have a STATUS of RUNNING and a STARTUP TYPE of AUTOMATIC or Automatic (Trigger Start )

Mine were all set to a Status of Stopped and Startup Type of Manual. Once I changed them to what Stetson suggested, my flight hours started adding up again. I did however, lose all my previously logged flight time. It’s there in the logbook, but not being added up, just the new flight hours are. Which I am fine with.

Hope this helps you and anyone else out there that is experiencing the same issue.
~WEB~

1 Like

I’ve now tried this as above.Yes some of them were on manual and opr stopped.I switched those to automatic and running.Tried a 30 min flight in a chopper.It recorded the half hour flight time and the logbook with the date and chopper details.Shut down the game and started it again.Lost the flight time and the logbook entry,goneski as before.Checked the 4 above files and they were still as I had changed per your info.Another fail I’m afraid.Thanks for the help.Cheers.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t know I had notifications disabled on here. Well that is really baffling. I was really hoping that those would have fixed your issue with the logbook. At this point it sounds as if your logbook is corrupted in some way. Hopefully Zendesk support can find you a solution. I still think they need to give us back full control of our saves and logbooks, for this reason alone.

All good sport. I just gave up. I use Volanta nowadays. That at least records flights and distances.

My logbook quit logging in March of this year and after reading about other people problems with the logbook and some of the fixes I’m just going to wait for Microsoft to fix it and in the meantime enjoy flying. I logged 2357 hours as of March and as I fly between 100 and 150 hours a month I’ll just add those hours to the logbook when it is fixed. At 86 years old those hours don’t mean that much anymore. Happy Flying.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Thank you, your suggestion worked for me. Do you understand how those services may have been set other than indicated?

I’m glad it worked for you.
I believe that microsoft had them enabled by default, at least on Windows 11.

I had this problem as well when I was trying to optimize video card settings and I had enabled developer mode so I could see the Debug FPS window.

Turns out if developer mode is enabled it will not log anything – FYI

1 Like

That was my case: Thx a lot !