Loss of Copilot View Toggle

Prior to the latest update, I had a button on my yoke programmed to the ‘Toggle Copilot View’ but now that button seems to toggle between PILOT view and CLOSE view. The Toggle for copilot is aparently not bound and I can’t figure out how I did that in the first place. It’s handy to be able to switch seat views and look down from that side of the aircraft. The functionis available and works from the Pull-Down Camera Cockpit view, but you select from LANDING, PILOT, CLOSE and COPILOT (copilot being unprogrammed). Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

2 Likes

I don’t use the Copilot view but can confirm that. Also it seems the “Landing Pilot” view doesn’t work anymore either which is rather annoying. Interestingly enough I’m still running on the “older” 1.15.7. Never got a message to install the hotfix.

1 Like

So, I use the pulldown to Cockpit view, Copilot, then when I’m done, I use the button that’s returns me to the Pilot Close view, then back out the zoom… LOL! Workarounds are becoming a way of life with this thing…

Checked my copilot toggle setup today, and it’s still bound to the correct button, but completely refuses to work. No idea why that bind would just quit working for me, but there are worse things that could have happened!
Regards

2 Likes

Can also confirm Landing View is gone, I used to press F11 on the keyboard, never used a yoke binding, it’s gone, gone. Funny enough, when I go into controls setup, it registers my F11 keypress, but it’s gone in the sim. Logged a bug that was at least acknowledged by Zendesk.

1 Like

Landing View Pilot (VFR) works, but use the Toggle Hold command instead of Toggle.

2 Likes

The Copilot view is still available from the Camera pull-down under the PILOT heading, 4th option ‘Copilot’ view shows that is not bound to any key, and I get the impression it never was (from various YouTube tutorials early in the life of the sim). Doesn’t really solve how I (or we) were able to bind it in the first place (LOL!).

2 Likes

Yup, wasn’t questioning that binding, I was questioning the loss of some magical binding to the Copilot view.

You could definitely bind it before the last update and it worked fine. I’ve had it bound to a joystick switch since the beginning of the first official release and used it to slide over into my old IP seat on occasion. So something happened with the update. I was really looking forward to using it “some day” when they got around to implementing shared cockpit.
Regards

2 Likes

for me the copilot Toggle switch still work however I have to press the button very fast. If I press a bit too long it makes a strange move like it wants to go to copilot view but it immediately come back to pilot view… of course that is since last update (do they really test the update prior release…?)

3 Likes

Wow. I’ll try that. Fingers crossed.

Yea, mine does the “quick switch and back to normal “ thing too. I’ll try your “quick press” and see if it works for me. Thanks!
Regards

1 Like

have this issue too. Tried mapping to different keys and still didn’t work. Thought i was going nuts. Now i just “cycle” instead of toggle.

1 Like

No joy. Just does the same thing, Pilot view close. Oh, well… Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh strange, is your Pilot camera setting on Close or Wide Angle ? Mine is on wide angle. If yours is on Close, can you try with Wide angle ?

1 Like

Neither work for me, not even the HOLD.

1 Like

I’ll check next time I’m on and let you know…

Oh, maybe I didn’t get the memo that it went missing with the last update. I will read the release notes again, maybe I missed that. (sarcasm alert)

2 Likes

It was reported here, four days ago and there were mentions of it before that elsewhere on the board.

1 Like

Yes, it might have been documented, I think you’ve missed my sarcasm alert, I don’t want to use Toggle Hold, I want to use F11 to toggle the view just like before the update. :grin: Will this be fixed before Xbox launch cuz it wasn’t included in the Hotfix. Or will it be put up as a 2021-2022 ”Investigating" bug? Sorry for venting, but I’ve been on this journey since 2019 and getting tired now.

1 Like