Low FPS and sim crashes

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: Cannot get above 25 fps

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Base

Alienware Aurora R11

Processor

10th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, English

Video Card

Liquid Cooled NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 Super™ 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

Memory

32GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz; up to 64GB

Hard Drive

1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Chassis Options

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Keyboard

Add an Alienware Gaming Keyboard

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? No

resolution ?

monitor model ?

which v-sync settings ?

game settings ?

places where you have 25fps ( which is not necessarly bad ) or is it fixed stable 25fps ( see vsync ) ?

Hi MichalMA

I’ve decided to do a complete uninstall and install. I thought I had taken out all of the addon’s but apparently I missed a couple so I decided to do the uninstalled instead. Thanks for the advice, hopefully this will fix the problem.

Robert

If you not made other changes in external tools ( eg. nvidia controll ) which are possible reseted, a re-install wil change nothing. You get the same files on disc and it’s only big waste of time.

Therefore the questions about settings, that we can possible give hints :slight_smile:

The amount and kind of installed Add-Ons are of course one aspect which can lower fps.
Another thing can be vsync… e.g. 25 is the a step(20 in this game) for a 75fps monitor.