Low FPS - Limited by RdrThread?

Blockquote
Hi there,
Did you find a solution? I started experiencing the same problem after update 6 about a week ago. I tried EVERYTHING, even an update to Windows 11 and a complete deletion and reinstall of MSFS2020 (Steam version). I am stuck in the menu with a FPS on 2.0 “Limited by RdRThread PC”. Before update 6 I had FPS of 25-30 in High-end setting.
Blockquote
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 32 GB ram and RX 5700 XT 8 GB GPU

Hi kholt17,
I think I had the same problem, having quite similar hardware. Although 2 FPS was just the display of the developer statistics display. It felt like less then 1 FPS and the RdrThread had a time over 1 second. The menu was barely usable.
I tested all kind of things. The second to last step was doing everything from this reply to “Loading/Accessibility issue”.
The last step was to uninstall something that was update prior to my problems: Citrix Workspace. And voila everything is back to normal.
As my wife needs the Citrix workspace from tome to time I will have to find a general solution. But for now I´ll jump in the cockpit and enjoy some time not sitting frustrated in front of the computer…

2 Likes