Low FPS, This is my laptop fault or the sim fault?

my soldered ram is 8gb,
if i upgrade my external ram it means losing dual channel ram, this is ok or not?

also my ram speed is 3200MHz

You shouldn’t loose dual channel if you swap the 8gb of replaceable memory with a 3200MHz 16gb stick, since you’ll still be using the soldered 8gb for a total of 24gb of system memory. It’s not ideal but it should work

Edit: you’ll have dual channel for the first 8gb on the added ram but single channel on the rest, but that will have no detrimental impact on your performance (theoretically) and gives the game more ram to play with

1 Like

there is 24gb external ram in market? lol
if have, 8gb + 24gb external ram losing dual channel or not??

Nah, the external stick would be a 16gb stick. 8 go of that stick would be running in dual channel, the rest single channel.

Should give you 24gb of ram in total system memory (sorry if I didn’t make that clear)

:frowning: will this make the laptop performance drop?

1 Like

Hmmmmm, I didn’t think about this but some laptops might not be able to do dual channel with mismatched sticks depending on the vendor, maybe check with Asus to what you can do? If the g15 can’t do dual channel with mismatched memory sizes then you are right, that would impact performance (probably a lot too given ryzen) so yeah that would be a no no

For the time being, might be best to hold out and wait till the dx12 patch comes out in late July and see if you have any performance improvements then (if it can run on an Xbox at 4k, it should be able to do pretty well on your machine since cpu wise it’s fairly similar)

i hope so, we players need this haha

1 Like

xbox can run at what fps now?

30fps locked, over that if you have a VRR display connected. I imagine it probably runs at about 45fps with the VRR mode enabled

Turn off all live traffic and multiplayer. If you have simlink running, shut that off too. All of these cause freeze-ups. And you will probably still get freeze ups and/or poor frame rates. The sim is still not optimized or whatever. And computers/video cards are not yet up to the task of running this sim smoothly. Try back in 3-5 years, like me.

Weirdly I’ve managed to allude basically all of those problems but the low fps, which I can attribute to being far too ambitious on “lower-end” hardware (low end for desktop but in a MacBook sized device not bad lol)

just try flying at alt: 1000
and my hard fault so low even in the hard fault graph, and memory usage not 100% even tho 16gb ram hmm:
(2nd and 3rd images is bing map data on)

@PJKGames tag u too

That’s not how it is supposed to look, do you have Bing map data on?

This is what I get there

Busy scene, for once lowering my resolution actually increases performance, But main thread seems to be in line with what I get, 23 ms on a 2.2 ghz CPU.

If I turn boost on (spikes up to 3.8 ghz) main thread goes down to 17 ms, but GPU limited

I have to turn resolution down to 960x540 (with high settings) to speed it up

Same thing, one core maxed.

Too blurry and thermal throttling kicks in after a few minutes. But odd to see the GPU more burdened now. Maybe the last update changed something.

Every city seems to need its own performance profile :joy:

Anyway it’s not the hard faults. Your CoherentGTDraw is very high though, which is responsible for rendering the plane’s instruments. Maybe it’s the plane dragging fps down. You can try lowering the update frequency (Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate) see if that makes a difference.

2nd and 3rd pic is bing map data on

I’m tired trying to change every settings, can’t improve fps significantly. lol

I have close to 2,500 flight hours logged, still tweaking settings :rofl:

1 Like

Microsoft should compensate for our wasted time. Haha

1 Like

Every update some significant things change, either with performance or how the planes handle or both. I have had to relearn how to land smoothly 3 times now! And it looks like I’ll be looking for a new ‘optimum’ set of settings after this update.

It’s a fun waste of time at least, well maybe not changing settings with inconsistent or no results. Such is pc gaming, especially on laptops. At least we have the option to maximize eye candy on the fly, then go back to performance mode.

I’ll find out tomorrow if the plane handling has changed, is it going to be a smooth landing or bouncing down the runway :slight_smile:

Not so fun after you have been struggling with this stuff for the past 40 years. I’m sick of having a flight simulator repair simulator. I just want my flight simulator.