Low fps when doing bush trips

I am getting a very consistent 13fps when doing the bush trips. I usually get late 20’s on a busy day in Sydney using FlyTampa scenery with the A320. I’ve done some searching but haven’t been able to find any answers as to why. Does anyone else have similar issues?

I would suggest waiting until Sim Update 5 releases tomorrow to see if that helps you, as they’ve said in the latest dev Q&A livestream that it focuses on performance updates.

Yeah, was thinking that. It just seems a strange issue to have.

On my first attempt (Patagonia) I had such bad FPS that I just gave up. It was literally unflyable.

I tried again (maybe a month ago?) and Patagonia, Balkans and Nevada were all playing really nice. In the region of mid 40’s FPS for most.

However…

I flew the first leg of Patagonia again a couple of weeks ago by choosing it on the world map and it was utterly rubbish again. Maybe 8fps! Main thread was a red flatline.

And here’s where it gets wierd.
Live weather would have been rain, low cloud etc but I was there to do a photoshoot so I set Daylight, clear skies…

…but I could still hear rain.

It was almost as if the weather I had set was being rendered…but the live weather was still being calculated and the SFX being played.

Am flying a lot around Mt. Kenya at present. There have been some foggy/cloudy days here and these will utterly wreck performance. I can literally go from 46fps to 8fps through the course of a flight.

and like in your former topic about , you get us no additional informations.

What’s your system specs ( e.g. your topic about that you own still a hdd, let me assume it’s bit older ) ?
What about your in-game settings ?
What are your FPS in case “no bush trip” ? ( these 20 ?.. then 13fps may be normal )

Have you checked topics like :

?

Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20Ghz, GeForce GTX 1070, 16GB RAM.

I would accept it was a spec problem if I had that problem across the board, but I can fly those exact same routes outside of the bush trips and get 40fps. As soon as I try it in the bush trip, it drops back to 13fps.

Sorry, I wasn’t sure what other info was needed. My question was just to ask if someone else had come across that particular problem.

have you then externalized views open ( e.g. the VFR map ) ?

I assume the 1070 should can handle more than 13fps , in case you not play in 4k / ultra :slight_smile:

Yeah tried them open, closed, every way I can think of. And the settings are generally med-high. I put the preference on having it run smooth over the crazy ultra graphic settings. My rig isn’t up for that yet. I guess I’ll see how it goes after the update. Its just a strange problem.

to be sure: I meant “externailzed” or “windowed” ( hope you know what I mean ). With these, some users reported issues with framerate.

But yeah… let us wait what you get after the update today :slight_smile:

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I think I’ve tried just about every combination :laughing:

1 Like