Low fuel challenge

I came up with an idea when i thought of the high fuel costs.This challenge will make the flight a bit more challenging i think.

When we are planning a flight in simbrief it calculates:

trip+taxi fuel and final reserve fuel+alternate fuel (FINRES+ALTN)

The challenge then is that we remove the FINRES+ALTN fuel and try to make it to the destination with only trip+taxi fuel and then post a screenshot if we made it or not with a screenshot of remaining fuel+simbrief OFP. We can use an alternate airport only if the fuel running out. But not the one that simbrief calculates and only use the costindex that is stated on the plan.

No cheating and goodluck :wink: I will post my try later with PMDG 737. Will try with the fenix a320 as well.

This i marked here.

Edit: Need to use the ZFW simbrief plan says.

Well, not much fuel left i’m still climbing to cruise.

My engines died with 1000LBS remaining, why?

I landed but on my alternate. Failed but it was intense. Didn’t know the engines dies with 1000LBS left. How can i make it use all of the fuel?

Well, here is the after landing screenshot.

I could have landed on my destination airport LOL. Almost same distance.

3 Likes

Usable fuel is a thing… You can’t just fly the tanks dry.

Supplemental: Are we really aiming for a Ryanair simulator? :wink:

2 Likes

But 1000LBS is a bit too much left for unusable fuel right? Well, now we know when we have 1000LBS left engines stops.

Maybe that is coded in the sim. I’ve had smaller default planes running empty with 3% in every tank.

Ahaa you want to replay the days when I had no money but still needed to drive to school, never knowing if the car will make it somehow or if I have to walk home three hours - but this time with airplanes instead of cars :smiley:

Enjoy the thrill never knowing how many miles the gasoline left-overs in the tank will last, and don´t forget to add some wind, rain, thunderstorm and cozy -15C° to enhance the experience a little bit.

For me… hmmm no thanks, I´ll take the usual 5-15 tons of Jet A1, fill her up please the Airbus looks thristy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.