Lower Mainland British Columbia | Cessna Grand Caravan

Join us on Friday night for a flight through lower mainland British Columbia to Orcas Island in Washington. Shout out goes to V3ER for putting this flight together!

When: Friday, Nov 13th @ 7PM ET/midnight Zulu
Where:
:point_right: Voice Channel on Discord → Discord
:point_right: Stream link to follow along → Twitch

Plane: Grand Caravan
Duration: About 2.5-3 hours

Start: Chilliwack, British Columbia (CYCW)
Destination: Orcas Island, Washington (KORS)

We will be landing at each runway on the flight plan.

TUTORIAL: How To Join A Community Event

FLIGHT PLAN

Lower Mainland British Columbia.pln (4.0 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

-Download the flight plan to an easy-to-remember location
-Open MSFS
-Go to the globe
-Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
-Click “Load”
-Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
-Click load.

OPTIONAL FREE DLC
-Chilliwack :point_right: CYCW Chilliwack, BC for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
-Hope :point_right: Hope Airport - [CYHE] for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS
-Orcas Island :point_right: KORS || Orcas Island Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

WEATHER
We will use custom weather.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS
Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable - Setting
Server SOUTH-EAST ASIA
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds or Clear Skies

COMMUNICATION
To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Sizzling Nation Discord” at https://discord.gg/r5tmFRs will be available to join. You can also follow along through the Twitch stream: Twitch.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use the “slew” mode to join the pack.

This is event is open to everyone of all skill levels and is meant to be a fun event to meet other sim pilots.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to joining you and V3ER on this flight in southern BC and on into Washington State!

2 Likes

I wish I could make this flight. I’ve been to Hope, B.C. for a Hockey Tournament years ago and flown into KORS for a fly in event before.

If I can get home soon enough I may try to roll somewhere near the group or wait at an airport along the route.

Smileyor

1 Like

I am getting an error with the flight plan. Please can you list out all of the airports and waypoints

The plan is readable in a text editor.

Since I crashed my plane again…

2 Likes

i crashed twice, neither on landing, lol !!
first was that bumpy “runway”. thought i could go airborne after that first hump during takeoff. that was a bad assumption.
second, i taxied right into a tiny patch of water…fail.

great event, i’m catching up to everyone now. i punish myself for the fails by starting at the beginning and then catching up.

1 Like

Thanks for the event, great time, as always.

Some pics

And of course, i always manage to get a shot of @TOLstoy787 flying upside down, lol.

2 Likes

Great to have you and glad you enjoyed the flight! Next time, if you crash out, you can start from the beginning but slew over to us, that way you can keep the flight plan. You can slew with Y and F4 to pick you up. Use the num pad keys to move around.

2 Likes

Always nice seeing the group from the World Map perspective!

2 Likes

What, me, flying upside down? I’m just trying to keep up with the capers of Gunpilot !!!

4 Likes

That was a great flight with everyone.
V3ER planned an awesome route that showcased a great variety of southern British Columbia’s natural beauty. Well done! :small_airplane:

4 Likes

It was a lot of fun flying with you guys last night. It was my first community flight and it was great. Chaotic at times due to the sheer number of planes in the air or on the runway at once, but a ton of fun. Some great stories and great laughs were shared on Discord. I’m giving it a 5/5 rating!

Thanks to @SizzlingP6672 for setting this up, and thanks to V3er for leading us along this beautifully scenic route and providing information about each location we visited. It made the flight as interesting as it was fun and beautiful.

And of course, we can’t forget thanking the stunt pilots in the group (sorry if I forgot most of your gamer tags already) for the the shows of inverted flying, jet aerobatics in the Aeromacchi, and VTOL displays from playing with wind settings. It was highly entertaining!

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed!

We’ve got some great flights coming up over the next couple weeks, which I’ll post the details in the upcoming days.

Glad to hear. I’ll try to join in with more of them. Most of the evening (my time) flights always seemed to land on clear nights here. My other hobby is astrophotography, so when I have a clear night I can get out, I’m out taking pics. Now with winter on our doorstep and weather in this region of Ontario not being very conducive for astrophotography in winter, I’ll be available more often. I look forward to joining you guys more often.

1 Like

Here are some pics from the flight. Thanks @SizzlingP6672 for hosting!

4 Likes