LOWI and other addons priority issue (LOWI takes over the others)

Hi all!
After the simulator decided to update itself to the same version, removing all addons previously installed, and downloading more than 100Gb of fake update (plus the contents plus re-downloading all addons) I have a problem with LOWI.

• I have not installed Asobo LOWI (I checked twice)
  • I have installed ORBX LOWI from the ORBX central (inside an external orbx library folder on D drive).
  • I have installed from flightsim.to: Innsbruck Region Helipads + Emergency Scenery (inside an external folder managed by AddonLinker (J drive))
  • I have installed from flightsim.to: Powerlines and Solar Farms (inside an external folder managed by AddonLinker (J drive))

All addons seems to be correctly installed (LOWI airport is ok, helipads outside airport are ok, powerlines outside the airport are ok).
The problem is close to the airport. In the world map the Christophorous helipad (parking 100) is missing, was there before the re-install.
The powerlines in the vicinity of the airport are not there.

All was working before the “fake” msfs update.
I assume Orbx LOWI is taking priority however I know that msfs reads in alphabetical order.
The powerlines should have the higher priority (folder name: a-mamudesign-powerlines)
The helipad should be second (lukeeep-lowi-christophorus-1-helipad-orbx)
LOWI should be the last (orbx-airport-lowi-innsbruck).

Is there a different sorting in case they are installed in different locations instead of community folder?

My config: MSFS from Microsoft Store
Actually not in Developer Mode (maybe never since the last “update”)

The screenshot shows a test made by removing ORBX scenery. It fixed the powerline issue. The helipad was selectable from the world menu. Reinstalling the scenery recreated the issue.

Next try will be to change orbx LOWI folder name to move it on the top. EDIT: Does msfs looks at the name of the link or at the linked folder name? I just changed the link name by adding 1 at the beginning, same thing.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: the actual one, but only after msfs forced me to reinstall.

Thanks
Andrew

Totally a 3rd party issue and I seriously doubt there’s anything Asobo can do as these mods are all overwriting the default scenery. Contacting their devs is my only suggestion but be warned that none of them will want to take a back seat. Renaming files is only likely to break things.

The fact it was working before the Asobo “fake” update, with none of the sceneries updated since the time they were working together seems not giving faults to the addons. Helipads were updated on October 2021; Powerlines were uploaded on january 12 (a couple of days before the “fake update”).
LOWI has been updated to 1.2 for sure before the reinstall (orbx central doesn’t show me the date).
So, by excluding them, there is something else. And only the update is between. The priority logic is fully made by Asobo and seems only alphabetical in the community folder (as far as I know). I will contact also them, however I still think there is something on this side.
:wink:

The so called “fake” update was probably because you didn’t heed the very clear warnings when you installed the beta. If they all worked together before then it was likely more by luck than judgement and I can only suggest CCleaner and a reinstall in the original order restarting your PC in between.

Doesn’t it read in scenery in the order things are listed in the content.xml file? Maybe check there.

Go to your Content Manager, and unistall the defalt Asobo LOWI

You can reinstall it anytime you want if needed.

Good idea … might or might not but worth a try

It works pretty good.
I had a conflict with Fly Tampa’s YSSY and had to do it!

1 Like

Already did, the two LOWI conflict themselves, so one must be removed. And Asobo one has been removed (and crosschecked to confirm it).

1 Like

I searched before posting, however I already seen that by changing the letter on other scenarios it will change the order. I will check also the xml, it is worth a try.

That fake update happened already two times, and the first one was before entering the beta.
And I was forced to enter beta testing as SU7 made impossible to play the sim without CTD and generally speaking in VR.
The sim was already updated to the official release with few Mb update maybe one week before the “fake” one.

Infact, the fake one seems to be an issue (I read this too late) which applies to people who installed msfs on a different path. And the solution was to simply click to customize the path and just confirm without changing anything.

It is hard to follow msfs bugs, they are there and repeat from an update to another, sometime disappear and reappear few updates later. I was not the only one with this issue. It seems very common and not related to the beta (even if the last one could be, what about the first time?).

I don’t know what you mean about first time? that few MB upload was a small patch to the sim, nothing to do with content and it came and went without asking for an install path.

When SU7 fix went out, I needed to download only few Mb of patch, as the beta was already installed. (Version number was the actual one). I checked the version of the sim before and after the “fake 108Gb update” and the version was exactly the same.

No doubt because all the patch did was replace one file with an otherwise Identical one but with changed values and then deleted the original. That doesn’t make it fake and they don’t change the version for such a tiny patch, it’s not as if you could roll back.

If an update of the version 1.21.18.0 updates to 1.21.18.0 by changing from D drive to C drive, just for the fun to do it, removing all the installed stuff in the official and community path, IT ABSOLUTELY IS a FAKE update. Because simply it isn’t an update.

And just to clarify, the SU7 fix which installed the few Mbs of updates changed the version to 1.21.18.0 at least one week before the 108Gb fake update. Do not confuse them, they are completely two different things.

But, hey, the problem is another now, I don’t want to be offtopic with the update issues :wink:

Every update since birth has been the same, if you have your content on a different drive you have to let the installer know that… I wouldnt mind but if it does start installing in the wrong place just pause the download, update the correct path in the UserCfg and then restart MSFS.

Making some cuts from the content.xml:
CUT
Package name=microsoft-airport-edhl-luebeck-blankensee active=true/>|
Package name=microsoft-airport-lowk-flughafen-klagenfurt active=true/>|
Package name=microsoft-germany-point-of-interest active=true/>|
Package name=microsoft-franckfurt-point-of-interest active=true/>|
Package name=a-mamudesign-powerlines active=true/>|
Package name=a-mamudesign-projectlifts active=true/>|
Package name=a-mamudesign-solarfarms active=true/>|
Package name=acaoglid active=true/>|
CUT
Package name=lukeeep-lojt-alpin-5-helipad active=true/>|

Package name=lukeeep-lowi-christophorus-1-helipad-orbx active=true/>|
Package name=lukeeep-loxi-kaserne-vomp-helipad active=true/>|
CUT
Package name=“orbx-airport-lowi-innsbruck” active=“true”/>

The order (if goes from up to down) is correct and all sceneries active.
I written to the ORBX support, let’s see if we can solve the problem.
To me is an exclusion problem, and is not something normal. The helipad is an addon made to work in conjunction with ORBX scenery, meaning it was operating correctly BEFORE. Same for the powerlines.

So, Why it done a reinstall only two times if the path must be specified everytime? At the beginning the updates were almost weekly. In that case, at every update I should have experienced the same behaviour.

That makes sense, devs of new mods are always likely to test compatibility with similar mods in the market and make adjustments but devs of the original are hardly going to test theirs against newer mods.

Those weekly updates will have been patches to the sim itself on C: Only those including scenery or aircraft would have needed the packages location.