LowRider Mount Questions

Hey Everyone! Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the LowRider plus bracket? LowRider™ Flight Simulator Under Desk Yoke and Throttle Mount Especially with the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo setup to it. Im looking in getting a new standing desk so that I can adjust the height and use this to easily switch into cockpit mode and there are few things that concern me and there isn’t much in the ways of youtube reviews or even posts in this forum.

How does the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo handle being top mounted? My understanding is that top mounting area was more of an “accessory holder” and not really meant to mount the entire Yoke and Throttle. Since you are pushing, pulling, rolling, etc… On it I want to make sure it will be good.

How sturdy it the mounting mechanism? Specifically the parts that get drilled into thew desk. So for this and a couple of other customizations I am getting a desktop made out of real wood (butcher block style) and not laminate/particle board/layered wood that you usually find in these kinds of desks. I figure that would be significantly better, but I am still worried about the pressures put on those from the pushing, pulling, rolling, etc…

And anything else to note?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve looked into this as well but opted for mounting ontop of the desk. That said, I have seen quite a few posts with the top mount, including from Honeycomb themselves in photo’s they’ve released for product shots, expo’s, etc… So seems to be more common.

There is this video which you’ve probably seen but look through the comments. Looks like they have extensive testing completed.

You’d want to ensure you had a good thickness desk I would think. I wouldn’t want to screw into thin waferboard that they would work out of overtime. Other then that I think it looks like a quality kit.

Thank you! Didn’t realize HoneyComb had it in promo shots, so hopefully that is good signs. I order my desk (real wood and thick so hopefully best case scenario) and the lowrider plus mount and will report back since it looks like there aren’t many people using this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just received mine and here are my conclusions. Yours may differ.

1. Very low profile if fitted to a normal height desk. To low actually.
  2. Construction was considered poor. Limited regitity and too flexiable.
  3. A variety of hardware included which seem to have no purpose if hooking up honeywell system but with a complete lack of documentation who knows. The youtube video fails to mention a critical mounting issue regarding orientation of panel.
  4. Scew mounts (3) were flemsy and bordered on useless. One pulled out after install and I had to replace it with a large wood screw.
  5. Slow delivery but then its Christmas.
  6. COSTLY given the lack of quality I expected.
  7. Not a recommended buy in my experience.
1 Like

Forgot to mention the bravo and alpha screws you have to remove then replace were to small after attaching lowrider panel.

Worst $100 I’ve spent.

1 Like

what is the dimension of the metal plate of this LowRider?
i am planning to make it DIY for Alpha and Bravo

Have you found these dimensions? I gotta do my own plate :slight_smile: @derstein9895