Ls8-18 3D cockpit modelling issues

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

Official Ls8-18 glider

Brief description of the issue:

Some of labels located inside ls8-18 3d model show tendencies to flicker a lot - this issue wasn’t observed in SU11. Tested with RTX3080TI - flicker is even more evident and distracting while using HP Reverb G2, but also noticable on monitor. It looks as if label polygons/textures had overlap with another cockpit polygon thus having sorting/visibility problem. Other planes do not show tendency to flicker. This issue may be introduced in latest Ls8-18 cockpit changes.
Water balast knobs when open leave 3d parts floating in the air (some parts don’t move with the knob while they should) - as shown below.
Also strange label is under front panel as shown on screenshot belo

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

The most flickering is red gear up label/sticker, it causes great distraction during flight just as blinking alarm light:

Other, less flickering labels are marked on picture below:

Here is a strang label under fron panel cover - it is sometimes visible even in normal head position, it shouldn’t be placed here

Here are marked 3d parts of ballast levers that float in the air because they didn’t move with the lever

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just start sim with Ls8-18 glider, head moved backwards seem to increase flickering

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Nvidia 3080TI, even more label flickering when using VR gogles HP Reverb G2

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I really wish they spent a bit more time on testing this before release , I was really looking forward to this glider.
Hope a really big update on this comes soon

1 Like

I am really grateful they agreed and quickly managed to remodel and get rid of this ugly bull-horns flarm antenna from cockpit - for me this change by far outweights small glitches I reported here. Thank you Ms/Asobo :slight_smile:

1 Like

This item has been reproduced and turned into an official bug report internally. This topic is now updated with the #bug-logged tag. From here, Asobo prioritizes the bug, works on a fix, and slates it for a future update.

2 Likes

This flickering of textures is also occuring on Xbox Series X. Also on the front white plate with VNE speed information.

Marked as won’t fix at this time.