LSZH default vs FSDreamTeam

I am currently downloading the update for GOTY edition, I wanted to see if anyone has seen the new default LSZH scenery, and how it compares to the FSDreamTeam scenery? Which would you rather have installed?

1 Like

FSDreamteam is far superior (which you would expect for high quality payware)

Remember to uninstall one of the bespokes if you have more than one. You can do this via content manager.

Considering the GOTY edition includes a fully custom rendition by GAYA (which was destined to be payware up until a month or so ago), the default LSZH is vastly superior. It is simply breathtaking.

3 Likes

The LSZH made by Gaya for the GOTY edition (which we should remember was supposed to be one of their top-of-the-line payware airports before Microsoft simply bought it off them) is far superior. It isn’t even comparable, IMHO.

The quality isn’t the same across the board with all the new airports, but Zurich is a gem.

4 Likes

I already posted it in the GOTY discussion topic, it seems that the quality texture in ZĂĽrich airport in the release version is much more lower than the wip previews.

Also, If you compare the default Leipzig-Halle with the freshly arrived payware (not by Gaya however) you’ll see that that while the DHL terminal looks decent the passenger terminal is still a mish mash of the default and custom models.

It seems like almost every game included airport is rigged in the one way or another to be worse than a payware version.

You’re comparing a render in 3D Studio done way before optimization with a screenshot in-sim. It’s not the same thing.

LSZH is way above the quality level of most payware.

I am not denying - the modelling mostly is really good. But the texture quality still spoils it severely. When you look out of the cockpit you see completelly blurred textures (even up close) and the interiors without any people but the suitcases scattered everywhere, as if they all suddenly escaped from something and leaved all they belongings behind…

On the other hand the developers like FlyTampa, Aerosoft and Flighbteam for some reasons can afford crisp textures and even animated people in some of they airports.

Aerosoft’s Trondheim and Cologne-Bonn or FlyTampa’s Atheens are a few examples.

They have their own share of blurry textures. Optimization is something no good developer escapes from.

People in the interiors aren’t exactly a standard features airports need to have, some like em, some don’t.

I think the other developers avoid blurry textures by setting more than one lod, but also they usually leave the low res textures only in specific areas like high on the roof or on the outside car parking area.

But right on the face of the terminal and the gate area? Barely any developer would think of it.
ORBX kinda does it - but usually they combine high and low res textures rather than cover the entire add-on with a blurry textures.

More or less agree about it, but when you aim to build a transeparant glass windows and terminals and then leave them totally empty it’s looks weird to say the least.
To be honest it wouldn’t even feel as weird if not for those suitcases that make it look like a bizzare post-evacuation scene lol

All models have more than one LOD. It won’t even load without. LSZH has extremely high level of 3D detail. I’d say better than the airports you mentioned (I have both). Looking at its memory footprint, it’s already borderline to what could start affecting performance, so they likely sacrificed a bit of texture resolution for 3D detail. And I’d say for the better looking from any distance that isn’t right with the face against a wall.

I struggled to deinstall the new default scenery, so will stick with the new default scenery for now until somebody has done a nice comparison of the two which might motivate me to do try it again :grin:

Truthfully, FSDreamteam did a great job on theirs too. For me, this is a case of whatever is easier, because I would be happy with either of the two of them installed and not feel like I was really missing something.