LSZS Samedan Airport, Switzerland: a stunner!

A couple of overview shots of this airport that @ScottMDA included in a thread of a Swiss flight led me to installing the free scenery for Flightsim. And I must say, the level of detail is really lovely. A few shots of a quick circuit I flew there

The detail in the “Swiss Air force” hangar is particularly good

Few more to follow

8 Likes

The restaurant:

The area around the airport has some lovely details:

I thought it was pretty impressive for free scenery.

5 Likes

An high quality freeware indeed ! I was lucky enough to land there once and I felt like at home :wink:

3 Likes

Nice didn’t know there was a freeware release for the airport. Flew in and out there a few days ago (without the mod installed unfortunately) with the BBJ.

3 Likes

Wow, with the altitude, the shortish runway and the encroaching mountains, you would have to be on your best behaviour when landing a 737 there I would think!

For what it is worth: just for interest I cropped a couple of the screenshots that I originally posted to 1920x1080 just to get an idea of the level of detail that I see at 4K.

This is more representative of what I see in the game: got to love it.

3 Likes

Yup it kept me on my toes. I got the idea after seeing a YT video on a real 737 BBJ taking off from there. I had previously flown it from Miami to Ibiza, so I made the hop from Ibiza up to Samedan. Will definitely be visiting there again so thanks for pointing out there’s a freeware update of it!

Flown in and out irl as well as sim and must say the closeness between the two is amazing! Not only that, the area is stunning as well.