Lubing TM TPRs?

Hi All,

Few days ago I received my TPRs and when putting them together I noticed that one toe break pedal’s axel had a bit of some kind of dust on it. I wiped it off but this pedal has slightly gritty / resistance feel to it when rotating for breaking and I wonder what lube should I use to try to address it?

After wiping the dust / residue from it, the surface that rotates in the arm is not that smooth, polished as the other one with some matting to it.

Thanks

Hello there,

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

If these are new pedals and you are not happy with them the best thing to do is return them. I’ve never had to lube my TPR’s. Sounds like yours have a small defect but why should you have to fix and risk voiding the warranty.

A picture would help but a little 3-n-1 oil maybe.

I got them at such a good price it does not really matter if there is a slight blemish. I am not even sure if it is the case and if cleaning the shaft properly will not resolve it nor that it is a real problem. I was able to test them for 5 minutes so I might be wrong altogether. I just thought I will ask so I can be prepared for Thursday with lube of some sort if needed.

I never have been in real GA plain but I already miss load cell on toe breaks. I would imagine they are not linear like in TPR in real planes. There is 0 feel i them :confused:

I will not be able to check it properly until Thursday.

I will take and post a photo on Thursday. This is the earliest I will be able to. Thanks for coming back to me on it :slight_smile:

When lubricating plastic, the type of lube is extremely important. Water-based won’t damage plastic, but it could dry over time. Petroleum lubes can easily damage plastic. My guess for the safest lube on plastic would be silicone, but even then, I would test by applying a small amount to a section that won’t hurt if it’s damaged slightly. If you’re looking at metal on metal, then a light oil will be best.

Maybe you should try dry graphite?