LVFR A330-900neo First Impressions

There’s all kinds…

I love flying that much that I would.

Not to mention, you don’t have to fly what you work. But then, you’re right, why fly the A330?, which is what we’re discussing here… then again, if it’s got the right things, it’s good to practice stuff for some. You can imagine a First Officer working to upgrade to Captain… The more practice, the better.

So, I suppose that’s a debate… Is there “enough” reality here to use for practice?

And I should add, when I was getting my PPL, FS95 had “enough” for me to practice, and I used it a lot. It’s easy to make do with whatchya got.

1 Like

Can someone please describe how to get TOD marker and VNAV to work. I managed it on one flight but haven’t been able to duplicate it again.

Hi all does it save and restore like leonardo or pmdg

I have, but like anything else on Xbox, it could simply be caused by my other addons. When I’ve flown it in areas with nothing else installed, I’ve had no problems. However when I get to areas where I have a lot installed, it’s a risk of CTD.

And since we don’t have an error log to tell us what’s causing it, I’m not exactly sure why it’s happening. So I’d say it’s pretty much like anything else on Xbox where you can get to to work absolutely fine, but other times you’ll run into CTDs depending upon what and how much you have installed in the area.

1 Like

Stuttering is awful since su13… I thought maybe the aircraft, but upon landing at larnaca which is a add on, the stuttering was awful. So it’s not this plane…

So in your opinion this aircraft doesn’t suffer from black screens more often then their other aircraft? Based on comments elsewhere i get the impression it does, actually.

From my findings so far, no. But I’ve only flown it in a few locations. I was planning on doing more testing with it this weekend. I did notice some random stuttering in the Philly area, but I have KPHL and the new SamScene scenery installed and it only happened the first time I took off. After that it seemed to run fine in the other 2 tries.

I’ll keep testing and report back though.

1 Like

I have received many questions about how the LVFR A330 compares to the Headwind Simulations A330. I had not used Headwind so I downloaded and installed it.

Basically, I think any comparison comes down to your Airbus family preference. If you fly the FBW A320, Headwind is the obvious choice. If you fly the Asobo or LVFR A320, then LVFR should be your choice. That said, I found a few differences between the two besides cost.

1. LVFR has OANS! Headwind will probably have it someday. OANS adds a ZOOM range selection allowing for the detailed top-down image of an airport, taxiways, and gates at the current aircraft location. It works great!
  2. LVFR has a trim tank that works automatically per specs. Headwind does not. Puzzling!
  3. LVFR has interior cabin views matching the livery. Eye candy? Maybe. It does show a lot of attention to detail. Headwind has the standard look outside through the window views.
  4. There seems to be a lot of secondary flight control lag in the Headwind. Moving the flaps and speed brakes seem to take forever, so long that I thought my keybind was broken. I did not notice any lag with LVFR.
  5. Study level? Headwind - Yes, LVFR - No. if you want to fly a study-level aircraft, then Headwind is the choice. LVFR has never claimed to be study-level so there are more things INOP. Are the INOPS important? I spent almost the entire flight trying out the Headwind EFB. The Navigraph/SimBrief implementations seem similar.
  6. Realism - This quality is subjective and often “immersion” is part of this quality. My “immersion” using the Headwind was not good probably due to my lack of experience with the FBW A320. For example, after takeoff and climbing through the skies, a pop-up message was displayed saying my throttles weren’t calibrated and to use the flypad to calibrate. I have not read any of the Headwind/FBW documentation nor have I viewed the many YouTube tutorials. More experienced fliers would be able to fix this right away. The message didn’t provide a lot of information. Do I have to land right away or restart my flight? Can I continue without calibration without falling out of the sky? I assumed the flypad was a menu item in the EFB which it is. But there wasn’t anything helpful to find throttle calibration. I eventually found the right screen. But now what do I do? Confused, I just took the defaults, saved, and exited. Meanwhile ATC kept yelling at me for not descending. I tried to tell ATC I was busy calibrating my throttles but it didn’t matter. I ended up flying a missed approach because I was way too high. And my co-pilot was useless. There were other random pop-ups about Telex and other things which I’m sure are great features but having these pop-ups while flying an approach definitely breaks any immersion (and distracts the pilot).

I am not a big fan of study-level aircraft but many are. I think it is great to have multiple A330s from different vendors allowing pilots to pick and choose what works best for them. Or to fly both. The sky is big enough! I’m looking forward to future releases from both of these developers.

6 Likes

I’m having issues after take off on Xbox, my yoke doesn’t seem to work on the A330-900.

Once I’ve taken off I just drop out the sky.

My yoke works on all other Aircraft in the sim Apart from the A330-900

I don’t have the Fuel and Payload nor V Speed Calculator menu in my EFB on Xbox. Do you?

1 Like

Bought this this morning on Xbox and climbed to 5000ft retracted flaps at around 240kts and boom aircraft nose dived into the ground.

Anyone had anything similar ?

What am I doing wrong

I flew it yesterday the same as the A320 series, nothing happened to me like that. It was fine.

Must have just stalled as I’ve tried again and it’s working good. Either that or the controller I was using was the issue as I’ve sorted a certain controller out just for this game

Mine works by default doesnt need calibrating

Brilliant post spot on

1 Like

LVFR if you are listening - overall plane is good but please remove some (if not all) of the fingerprints on the windshield. It’s way over done. It looks like the backseat of a family’s Subaru Outback.

And please can we get a instructional video on VNAV because it seems to work but getting it setup I can’t quite figure out consistently.

1 Like

Are you all having CTD on pc too? Im thinking about getting it. I also heard the it’s hollow inside from a distance outside the aircraft.

Wondering what model/brand controller you are using for the throttles that did not require calibration?

Hi All, how is this plane in simrate 8x? is it stable like PMDG or jumping up and down / left to right ? This is for me one of the most important thing before buying of longhauler.

Thank you

Good afternoon everyone,

I submit a ticket on LVFR support forum for elevators over responsive / not work smoothly.

Ricardo said they are trying to fix it for the first update.

Have a nice day !