M20r carenado ctd

There are a CTD when i move the heading selector to any side…

Anyone else?

Thanks

8 Likes

I haven’t tried, but i read another thread where someone had the exact issue as you.

Just tested this, everything works fine.

Same here! Every time i use the heading selector… CTD.

The crash only occurs when I try to adjust the heading selector with a mouse click. It works fine when i using the mouse wheel.

3 Likes

Yeah mines crashing too, I find that when I start up cold and dark, I can start up the engine, but as soon as the avionics go on the nav 2 cdi starts spinning continuously and when you click the course selector to stop it, the game crashes to desktop

2 Likes

It’s caused by clicking the mouse…use the scroll wheel or assign a button to it. It’s an issue with Heading and Course knob when clicking.

1 Like

It happend to me when adjusting the autopilot altitude. Seems Carenado need to get a patch out.

3 Likes

Carenado didn’t break it, Asobo did. I don’t think the 3rd party relationship will be good if Asobo creates break/fix work for them.

2 Likes

@HeliBrewer The scroll wheel doesnt seem to stop it spinning and I really dont want to have to remember key binds for every turnable knob on the panel

2 Likes

Thats my opinion as well. Carenado are building on a shaky foundation and must be ready to jump in quickly with a fix to any “fix” that Asobo puts out.

3 Likes

And, as there is more and more 3rd party content, things won’t get any better. I can’t make the Mooney yokes disappear now. That’s not caused by Carenado, but they get to fix it!

2 Likes

After 1.10.7 my Carenado aircraft (182 & Mooney) I can no longer hide the yokes, plus clicking the fuel selector on the 182 with the mouse caused a CTD. Getting frustrated with the MSFS updates. The old saying: “Today’s solutions are tomorrows problems” seems to be appropriate.
I submitted a ticket to Carenado about these things. We’ll see if they get a fix put out.

2 Likes

Says it all!

Mouse click points and function assignments are also re-written in Iris Jabiru and Blackbox Bird Dog. Both designers admit they must now wait for Asobo to fix. This patch and mess up yoyo will kill or at least delay payware development until the sim stabilizes.

1 Like

I agree with you here.

There will be a lot of changes to the sim over the next 12 months and there will be no point buying 3rd party addons without an assurance that developers will keep them working. Although I won’t be going back to Xplane 11, I will give the 3rd party developers kudos there that they kept their addons updated with changes to Xplane. In all fairness it must have been a royal pain.

I will be keeping an eye on which developers react quickly (or not at all) and this will form part of my purchasing decision.

1 Like

Ok I see now, when I click on the heading adjust knob I do get a CTD. FFS How can you break something as common and mundane as cockpit manipulators?? Even Laminar and their wild updates weren’t this bad.

1 Like

“Hi everyone…
We are aware about some issues arose after the last Microsoft Flight Simulator update. We are working on them and will upload a new version of CT182 Skylane and M20R Ovation as soon as we can.”

1 Like

Fantastic! Carenado is aware of the problem and fixing it. Isn’t it interesting that Carenado seems to be one of the better devs recently?

3 Likes

I don’t recall them ever being “bad”, just lacking systems depth.

I noticed that when I try to hide the yokes, the actions cause changes in other objects. At first, the copilot yoke opened and closed one of the nearby knobs. After reloading and trying again, the pilot yoke caused the fuel selector knob to turn when I clicked to hide it.

That’s just strange.

1 Like