M20r carenado ctd

as I wrote, it was the first flight and I was just monkeying around. Probably was in that area. First, I heard the outside sounds grow (nice touch), then the black screen with message that I’d destroyed my baby. Now, I know better.

Everything seems to be working as intended for me now, including the Transponder. In game ATC gave me a squawk code to transition Bravo airspace, and made radar contact as intended. Have not attempted on Vatsim yet, but seems like it should be OK.

I discovered the transponder works only if you let your copilot automatically enter it for you. If you look at the actual transponder unit itself, it will only show code 1200 regardless what’s been assigned to you. Manually entering a code displays it, but it doesn’t work in the sense that ATC won’t see it. The stdby/alt/on buttons do nothing either.

I like to manually enter my codes via my Stream Deck. It’s unfortunate this is still broken. Hopefully if an update ever shows up for the Carenado planes, this will be fixed.

Hmmm interesting. I did manually entered the code and it seemed to work.

Thanks for your reply. I did a search on my SSD hard drive H for Ovation, and found the file in the path Program Files>Official>OneStore. Moved it to a temp file, and was then able to download the Mooney. Did not realize I needed to do this, which is different than P3D or FSX. The Mooney flies fine, but so far the glide slope and localizer do not work .

Grab the GNS530 mod, it is outstanding.

2 Likes

You could turn stress damage to “off” to remedy this… :slight_smile:

Nah, it keeps me more honest. Cheers!

The window should not be opened in flight above 132 KIAS if you do you will have a plane crash in MSFS.

1 Like

There it is!

2 Likes

Yup, I learned that from Freedflyer. Thanks

I don’t even think that’s modelled. simply taking off with the Window open will cause a plane crash. You don’t have to be above 132 unless Carenado has changed it recently.

Correct. I remember leaving it open a while back and “crashed” as soon as I rotated and got airborne.

New Patch
CTD again when we move de G1000

?
The M20R does not have a g1000 so I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

2 Likes

He likely just doesn’t know the difference between the different FMS systems, hence referring it as a G1000.

Make sure you go to the content manager and make sure you have the latest version of the Mooney installed. I’m in it right now. Trying my best to press everything in the cockpit, but it’s all working as it should.

1 Like

Good to know the patch didn’t break it! I’m considering buying it, is it worth the $18?

It’s easily one of the best planes currently available for MSFS IMHO. It’s a perfect mix of old school steam gauges and modern tech with the GNS530. It flies like a dream, goes like a scalded cat, and climbs like a monkey on meth.

Get it while it’s on sale.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I’ll grab it this weekend, and try and get the CRJ too when it comes.

1 Like

For those who don’t know, definitely check out the GNS530 mod. It’s super awesome. (ok boomer)