Machu Picchu: Hololens vs. the Sim

given that this MS project was the kick-off for our sim and apparently a bunch of code was transfered the difference in this famous site is striking:

and this is the sim view ( @ -13.164249, -72.544582 )

of course in such a wild area its the missing mesh thats killing immersion.
But they have done nice Chichén Itzá Maya Ruins - luckily lying in the Yucatan flats…

1 Like

Good job! And yes, the mesh quality in fs2020…at least for high mountains is quite bad for the advertisement they made about it.
It was supposed to be more a sim for vfr simmers than airliner simmers. But when i see the mesh in the norwegian fjords, or in this case here at machu picchu…(and even in brussels !!!), i must admit, i’am dissapointed.
But bear in mind, the mesh is still waaaaay better than fsx was.
I’m curious how this edition is goimg to evolve the next 10 years.
Pretty sure that a lot of us have to start saving now to be able to buy a new rig within the next couple of years…or 5 max.
Thanks for sharing your pics, and happy flying

I’ve been making my own sightseeing flight tours over Machu Picchu so I also know it’s represented very poorly at the moment. At the moment it’s even showing one of those standard Soviet era looking buildings in place of some of the ruins. :man_facepalming:t2:

Considering Machu Picchu is listed as one of the seven wonders of the world, I do find it surprising and disappointing that it isn’t mapped in great detail already.

I suppose all we can hope for is either Asobo or a 3rd party developer releases improvements for it.

I landed on a nearby ridge overlooking it, and as I slowed down, the nose wheel dropped through the terrain.

Clearly mesh issues abound.