Maddog MD 80 Install Failure

The installer dropped the aircraft folder into the Documents folder, rather than Community. Even after relocating it (as advised by tech support), when I start MSFS the airplane does not appear on the Aircraft Selection menu. Unfortunately the developer seems to have no idea how to resolve the problem and I fear I’m out the $82 USD this cost.

I haven’t purchased this yet (I’m going to -it’s always been one of my favs) but most installers have the ability to point to the desired install location.
Did you try to uninstall the aircraft and then re-install it, pointing the installer to the Community Folder?

Did you run the installer as administrator by right clicking on it? You may also have to right click the installer and select properties then select the unblock section to the lower right hand side. Be sure you exit MSFS then reboot your computer before installing. You may want to uninstall via Control Panel / Programs and Features, reboot your machine and follow the aforementioned. If all fails then you can try simply moving the folders, lsh-maddogx-aircraft and lsh-maddogx-fx to the community folder directory and running the load manager.

Hey @MadManMurdoc101! The installer actually installs to two different locations. You should get a Maddog folder in your Documents folder, and you should get the same in your Community folder.

In Documents you should see a folder called Maddog X Files, and in Community you should see two folders called lsh-maddogx-aircraft and lsh-maddogx-fx. So the folder in documents might be right, and the one in the community is sort of hard to find. Can you post more specifics?

2 Likes

Thank you all for your inputs. The updated installer fixed my problems and I’m flying the Maddog (and the 737-700 too). Enjoying both immensely.