Madeira Airport (LPMA) bumpy uneven terrain

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

I’ve got no mods

Brief description of the issue:

Is it me or is Madeira airport reminiscent of an off-road course?

I’m not sure if it’s the sceney’s mesh or whatever, but taxiing to Runway 23 from the terminals is literally like a roller coaster. It has to be the worst airport I’ve come across so far in the game

Steps to recreate the problem:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

LPMA

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Running all ultra settings

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yep.Was flying into and out of Madeira yesterday.Same thing,up and down,Up and down lol.Wait until they put in the loop,LOL.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?
Yes

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
LPMA airport from Asobo has some uneven terrain along the taxiway and runway as well. Some weird height map data around the airport as well, resulting in squared hills.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Visit LPMA airport.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
N/A

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:
N/A

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

This is a mesh problem that has been present from the early attempts by Aerosoft in their Madeira X Evolution iteration of the product that they released in 2017. There is a problem with the DEM data as far as I can tell and reading up about the problem, it appears the SDK is not able to fix it.

For info, I’m attaching a screenshot of the commercial version of the airport I bought from ORBX and that has the same problem. See below:

For interest here below is a screengrab of the Google version and, even on that, the problem exists. So it’s not an Asobo fault or bug, the problem has existed for at least 5 years.

Best wishes

came here to report this big issue. what’s really a confusing point with this is LPMA is an Official Asobo airport that was custom built and released as a flagship airport for their Iberia World Update.

Why would they choose, let alone release, an airport that has such bad, unfixable terrain issues? If Asobo’s own devs can’t fix it, then this sounds like it’s pointing to a larger issue.

I’d be curious to see if anyone has more info on this subject, as it raises a lot of interesting points.

Same problem here.

1.36.2 Standard Version. Ms/Store

2 Likes