MAGNETO un-commanded return to BOTH after a few seconds using event SDK (Air Manager)

Whatever gave you that impression. AM is totally capable of sending and receiving data from LVAR’s. Pretty much every aircraft makes use of them.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes (using spad.next)

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Assign magneto/start switches from input device such that start sends MAGNETO_START. Starter will begin, then stop after a couple seconds as the switch returns to “both” without being commanded to. This prevents the starter from working in some planes, such as the Just Flight Warrior.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It may have been turned off, I can read but not write lvars. Nothing about it in docs, and I tried using a bunch of different syntax, no dice.

Well I can safely say that writing LVAR’s with Air Manager is working just fine. I use them in existing and new projects almost every day and they work. If you are having issues it could be that you are using them incorrectly or that the aircraft in question is not allowing it to change. It you can provide a specific issue with a default sim aircraft that does not work I’d be happy to take a look. I saw this same question on the AM forum so I am assuming that was also from you. The answer will be the same.

Hmm, would you mind sharing syntax of some working examples? Maybe you could reply on the AM forum.

I got the impression it was not working due to some discussions I saw on the forum, also in the documentation wiki it references reading but not writing them.

It’s nothing special or complicated just fs2020_variable_write(“L:VAR_TO_WRITE”, “Type”, data).
You have to get the type correct. This almost always “Enum” or “Number”. If the type is listed by the sim or aircraft dev as a “Bool” use the “Enum” type. Nothing else to it.

See my latest post in:

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55168
Includes video and code to demo the issue.

Still not sure if AM issue or just flight.

I can’t seem to get any LVAR working.
Do you have an example lvar I can use to test?

LVAR’s tend to be used on add-on aircraft so I’d need to know what you have aircraft wise for any example to be useful. Unfortunately I don’t have any of the JF PA-28 models yet else I’d look at this specific issue directly.

Please note that sometimes writing to the LVAR changes the state of the actual item but will not trigger the vc animation because of the way the aircraft has been coded. So the animation not following suit in the virtual cockpit us not a reliable indication of a good write. This behaviour is tied into the use of inaccessible B, I & O vars. BVARS particularly are heavily used by aircraft devs and a royal pain for anyone wishing for non mouse control. There is a big topic on the matter on these forums that has a lot of votes asking for them to be accessible but as yet we’ve had very little response from Microsoft or Asobo on the matter.