Major area west of ENGM not getting Bing Maps data, looks bad

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Large chunk of the immediate west of ENGM has very low resolution ground imagery, probably not getting Bing data at all.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

ENGM

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @Envtex,

I just tested this and to the west off ENGM the Bing data looks great.

This can be caused by a variety of issues, maybe try increasing your TLOD scale. and based on your screenshot, everything looks normal.

Can you kindly disable all of your addons and try to see if you get the same result? Typically this can be the issue.

Thank you!

More areas low resolution/not getting Bing maps data in Norway:

Map that shows the planes position:
2bae24372a0820144cf27aa421c4441b

Hello,

Welcome back to the forums!

We ask that you kindly not use third-party file sharing sites for the images. You can upload images by dragging them directly into the composer window, or using the upload button in the window:

Additionally, it would really help if you could use developer mode to get coordinates.

When it says “ICAO” here, they’re referring to airports.

If you’re not at an airport, please use developer mode to get the coordinates. Otherwise, it’s very hard to find the actual location.

This question:

is asking when you first observed the problem.

Sorry, I will remember that until next time! I will get some coordinates later!

1 Like

The issue arrises a few more miles to the west. In this screenshot you can see aprox where in proximity of ENGM the issue is taking place. I only have ORBX ENGM installed for the area and haven’t had the chance to disable it yet but I’m very certain it isn’t the issue. Try flying further west and see if you have this issue as well.
af9ae3f9d72a7349699f3ff8e7caf005|690x374

Disable the ORBX verision, I had issues with it before

I often fly from ENGM and i had this issue for a long time. Did a test today and i did not get any bing data from that area. (I have ORBXs ENGM installed, i have not tried to uninstall it)

1 Like

I did a new test with only default ENGM and Nordic Update.
I tested with rolling cache enabled and off. I also deleted the cache file.
I tried to set flightsimulator exe file in High priority too.

Still no Bing data west of Gardermoen (ENGM). Bing is also missing on the globe (World map) in the mentioned area. Just zoom in a little and move west where the mountains start.

1 Like

That’s a good point! You can see the missing data on the actual world map. Råholt for example, one of the towns just north of 19L has very poor ground imagery, and the northern half of the town is completely missing. The area around ENGM definetly needs some touching up