Make Your Own Bush Trips - A Quick Video Guide

Progress: Added selector for plane when converting from PLN to input file.

1 Like

Wow that was fast lol.

Progress: Added format information to generated images.

1 Like

Progress: Added “Compile…” option to the Tools menu. First rough implementation to just get something going today. It requires that the SDK is installed on the C drive and that the following path exists:

"C:\MSFS SDK\Tools\bin\fspackagetool.exe

If that is the case. It will compile whatever project is selected (by loading its input file) and output into its output folder in the Packages folder.

1 Like

That’s awesome work, thanks very much for another great update :+1:t2:

I’m going to have to get another video made to show the changes.

1 Like

The new stuff mentioned in the thread will be available in V1.9. Not all things will be done today (Weather, time of year, resource server and more). But at least some stuff will come today :slight_smile:.

1 Like

V1.9 released on both Nexusmods and Flightsim.to… Enjoy guys! BR, f99mlu.

1 Like

!0 to !9 comes to mind.
Or ?A to ?Z.

I’ve been working on a 32 leg busthtrip for almost two months now (writing a 33000 line LOC file by hand was great fun!) and both variants work just fine.
As far as my tests went any two character combination that doesn’t overlap with existing region codes should be ok (so it should always contain at least one special character).

Codes with more than two characters are not usable.

I will add that to the next release (V1.10)! And then you can test it :slight_smile:, ok?

I’m going to start making a new video to show the new updates, but I think it’s best to wait until the weather and date/time functions are available so they can be shown too. Unless you’re not planning to add them for a while, in which case I’ll start making it with the current version. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bravo for you excellent work creating this very useful tool! The enhancements in new versions are awesome!

As others discussed earlier, the capability to select an MSFS weather preset would be awesome, particularly if we can also select add-on presets such as SoFly’s (which are excellent and well worth the small price.)

FYI, I struggled with a strange issue (using V1.7): the aircraft refused to point to the heading set in the .txt file. I was using heading=0 and finally decided I need to use heading=360…but that wasn’t the issue. After shutting everything down and rebooting I was unable to solve the issue. Finally I went back to the default/demo txt file and it worked. So I edited the file and added my info and it continued to work. No clue what might have been in the earlier file that caused the strange heading problem. Everything else worked fine.

At least I now have a working version but need to find ways to turn off the VFRmap and Flight plan (deleted from source .xml?) so they don’t show on startup. It would be great if that was a settings option, although mine may be a special case (first flight across the English Channel in a Blériot) with no instruments and no map in poor visibility.

60 sec Blériot intro video

Please wait a couple of days… I am studying the weather feature of the sim now to understand how it can be done. As I understand it right now, there are no presets to choose from… you have to have real files containing the weather data (cloud levels, rain, etc).

Thanks for enjoying the tool :slight_smile:! Regarding the VFR map, I haven´t found any option to turn this off in the FLT file… the ATC stuff can be turned off (and is!). But the map… no clue right now. But I can for sure understand your use-case!

Looks like the map and flight plan can, at least, not be turned on. See line 78-81 in template.xml
StartFlowEvents
FlowEvent id=“PANEL_GAME_NAVLOG_SHOW”
FlowEvent id=“PANEL_VFR_MAP_SHOW”
/StartFlowEvents

Also…this confuses me:

PackageBuilder | Validating Package ‘channelflight’…
[Package Validation] ‘channelflight’ - Warning: Invalid Package Name ‘channelflight’, package name should be in the form ‘aaa-bbb-…-xxx’ and only contain lower case letters or digits

What am I missing?

Nope didn´t work to remove the VFR_MAP row… or change it to _HIDE. :frowning:

That you have chosen a bad project name hehe… The sim wants you to have at least one hyphen. Like “tailspin-channelflight”.

OMG. lol.

Thanks

Progress: Now we have a weather selector to choose custom or live weather. Or an existing standard weather preset. If you want to use exotic ones (addons), then this can be specified in the input file.

Added the possibility to change the tailnumber of a plane.

1 Like

V1.10 of BushMissionGen is available now at Flightsim.to … and soon also on Nexusmods. I hope you like it so far.

1 Like