Make Your Own Bush Trips - A Quick Video Guide

Dammit! I just can’t keep up!

Would you please stop making all this enhancements so freakin’ quickly?!

Which is my passive-aggressive way of saying thank you, thank you, and thank you!

2 Likes

Too few metadata entries?

That happens if not all required fields are in the input file. Like author, project, version, plane, etc. I will rework that error message… it is not easy to know WHAT is missing. Feel free to send me your input file (Google Drive or DropBox) if you want me to have a look. Or just check if you have all fields when comparing to the README.txt or one of the sample input files.

Yep, that was it. Does the order of the fields matter?

Nope… the order of the fields does not matter. (But the waypoints list must come after the project fields. Just some extra non-important info hehe).

Cool. Compile worked but says

? unknown Command AddVFSPath

Future enhancement? Ignore for now?

Any way to load new compile without quit and restart MSFS?

When route is POI to POI route distance shows as zero. Do you have to start from an airport? Can I make up mu own fake ICAO airport identifier?

Having that weird problem again where , despite what the compiled trip says the aircraft starts at same spot as where I landed (or crashed) on last flight. Is there a MSFS cache bug?

Yeah, I have no clue what that error means (AddVFSPath)… I´ll have to google it. Ignore it for now.

Sadly it is required to restart the whole sim to include a newly compiled addon.

You have to start from an airport, then have at least one POI between each airport. And end the bush trip on an airport. Fake ICAO?? I don´t think so at least…

Yes, there is a SAVEGAME folder you have to delete everytime you have compiled a new version. In your case I guess the name of the folder is CHANNELFLIGHT_SAVE.

Excellent! Thanks for the hand holding.

Wow, incredible work you‘re doing! Very soon, I‘ll start creating my own ones. one question about the NAV logs in the sim, especially when planning/flying in actual wx: Does the heading column really specify the required heading (wind drift included) or just the course (that straight line on the map) where a wind correction angle still needs to be applied?

Weather preset isn’t loading. Got the name from

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3489755398-449064968-1847652996-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets

Tried copying the preset to the /missions/channelflightDir folder along with default .wbr but get clear skiesin either case.

Seems better to replace the existing Weather.WPR file :slight_smile:.

As we speak

just the course… and that column information is automatically generated. Nothing you specify in the source files :slight_smile:. Thanks for the kind words!

Standard weather presets:
.\WeatherPresets\BrokenClouds.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\ClearSky.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\FewClouds.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\HighLevelClouds.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\Overcast.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\Rain.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\ScatteredClouds.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\Snow.WPR
.\WeatherPresets\Storm.WPR

Just realized I forgot to put this list in the README.txt for V1.10. It will be in V1.11!

So the .WBR extension needs to be include in the text file weather= metadata before you do your magic or just the file name?

Flying from point a to point b (just fields near the French and British coast, I used airport identifier AAAA and BBBB and it works fine

Not sure what a .WBR file is… you mean .WPR?

Exactly… like this:
weather=.\WeatherPresets\Rain.WPR

or leave the row with “weather=” out if you want to use the Weather.WPR file. Or “weather=live” if you want to experiment with that.

Cool! I bet it is hard to trigger landing completed on ICAOS that don´t exist? or works??

I’ll let you know if I ever survive a crossing and land somewhere. :sunglasses:

Do you have any control over whether slew is available? It would be helpful while debugging trips.

BTW is Discord a better place for this (although I do have everything working now except weather, so maybe this is ending…)

WHen it comes to addon packages with weather presets, I guess you will have to try something like this:

weather=.\Weather\Presets\NameOfTheFile.WPR

1 Like

In the template.FLT file there is this section:

[Slew.0]
Active=False

Try changing that and see if it helps.

1 Like

Nope, Active=True didn’t change slew.