Making it really difficult to enjoy this "sim"

Sorry for the rant, but I’m just about at my last straw.
Is there anything that they have actually gotten right yet?

Autopilot? No.
ILS? No.
ATC? No.
Clouds? No. Pixelated. Not acceptable.
Ground Textures? No. Glitches everywhere.
Time? No…loads me in at some time that has nothing to do with what I asked for. Yes I am aware of timezones.
Weather? No. Broken.
Multiplayer? No. Broken.
Liveries? Nope. Can’t even do enough work to allow people that do it for free to make them properly.
Performance? No. It stutters on a NASA supercomputer.
Crashes? Oh we got those. Is that a win? Guess not.
Aircraft? No.

Frankly I could put up with this, except for the fact when they screw all of it up, it takes me 15 minutes to restart from scratch and redo it all again.

I’ve complained to developers for years to stop everything your doing and fix the bugs.
I’m doing it again.
Fix. The. Bugs.
Do not pass go do not collect 100 dollars until this sim is rock solid.
When people fly for hours and hours to end up on the desktop instead of final approach, it’s unacceptable.

5 Likes

200 dollars, it’s 200 dollars for passing go. Have a nice day.

1 Like

I’m referring to the price of the sim. Sorry you didn’t get that.

1 Like

I understand the frustration, fixing bugs takes time and they’re working on it, as they said in one of the Q&A sessions they have different teams working on different aspects at the same time.
On the other hand it’s impossible to create flawless software especially on Windows or Linux machines where the HW/SW combinations are practically infinite and in some cases some users will have a specific setup that will cause issues, please keep trying different solutions/suggestions, it’s more likely to give you good results than giving up and doing nothing, there are always people here (users like you and me) that are willing to help you find a solution.

3 Likes

It gets everything you list better than any other sim out of the box.

So yeah, I’d say they’ve gotten a lot of things “right,” without mentioning that plenty of your points are downright inaccurate.

If you have to start a post with “sorry for the rant,” you may want to take a cold hard look at the fact that you’re not being logical and you can save everyone’s time by either refraining or posting in one of the many “rant” threads we already have. I promise you, your “rant” isn’t so special to require its own thread.

Thanks.

14 Likes

I agree with you: the best sim ever!

1 Like

If MSFS were at toaster, it would:

Take forever to warm up;

Sometimes burn your toast;

Sometimes never even warm your toast;

Sometimes stop in the middle of toasting what looks like will be a great piece of toast, and turn off;

Finally start making great toast consistently, then the toaster company would come take it away and replace it with one that won’t turn on;

Every now and then make the best toast in the entire toaster universe.

But I guess it’s better than no toaster at all.

6 Likes

Perhaps you should consider flying in real life and drop simming from your list of hobbies.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s because I am old enough to have played MSFS II on the glorious Commodore 64, where the entire Sears Tower was composed by about 20 pixels, but I find this type of “rants” quite exaggerated.
On my PC, built some months ago, the new MSFS runs quite well. I had some rare CDTs after the USA Update, but now they seem solved.
Remembering the old days, I can really appreciate the effort and ambitions of MS and Asobo with the new software. In several ways it is an important experiment; it is, to my knowledge, the first time that a game/sim tries to photorealistically render the whole Earth surface.
There are surely several aspects that need improvements (for example in sim the Florence Old Bridge seems an urban forest), and I hope that in a reasonable time the new version will have at least the same FSX variety of aircraft and missions. But it already can provide many hours of interesting aviation activities and, considering the graphics and lighting, exploration of close and remote regions of the world.

9 Likes

Funny :rofl:

You can always use another sim and buy a lot of 3rd party that fix the sim for atc, weather, scenery, airports, AI aircraft, aircraft etc…to reach 1000$ +

5 Likes

That’s no solution!
It would cost you thousands and still not look as good.
We just need to allow the sim to mature is all.
It’s patience that’s required here, not money.

4 Likes

My computer is a pile of not so state-of-the-art random parts. It runs MSFS righteously well at mostly high settings, with a few ultras dropped in for effect. That comes from 40+ years of knowing how to set up a box.

2 Likes

Haha. “righteously well”! Should be added as a new performance catagory.

3 Likes

They did the graphics right, maybe not perfect but the sim / game whatever you wanna call it still looks better than anything else on the market.

Everything else is a nightmare indeed, but it is what it is. It is released (too early), they can’t pull it back anymore. We need to keep pushing for a better sim. Complaining without constructive posts is not gonna do that.

But I agree, if you are serious about flight simulation you can’t be satisfied with the current condition of MSFS. I made a long list of (basic) issues which need fixing:

1 Like

I think, my friend, that we have already had this conversation.
We just need patience. This won’t happen overnight!

If one is serious about flight simulation, should know what flight simulators are like at this stage of their lifetime. Which means they should be extremely satisfied by the fact that this is way better than anything else at a comparable point, and not by a small margin.

If one is at their first rodeo, then that’s another matter.

1 Like

Agreed and some more letters to come up to 10 characters :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They recently improved the earths surface. It looks much better lately. Check US coastlines. Tree density/ height. More like real life

Well opinions are opinions. The graphics are a leap forward the rest of the sim not so much. Some basic aeronautical principles are flawed or plain wrong (read my post), MSFS in the current state from a simulation perspective is no better than FSX. Not saying it will never get there, I’m talking about the current state. Time will tell…

1 Like