Making Tobii eye tracker work with SU9

Please add a vote on the following thread for more settings with Tobii…

Is the Tobii Eye Tracker 4C compatible to MSFS? Or just the Tobii 5?

1 Like

Its not stated specifically : “Tobii eye tracker is now supported (more settings/configuration will come in a later update)”

Both are supported :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m really tempted with the Tobii 5 - got some spare cash burning a hole in my pocket :rofl:

I previously tried a bit of software that used my phone camera but it was so twitchy and was just annoying.

I also ply F1 2021 so thinking it’ll be good for that as well.

It’s pretty good.

I mean, I dont have any experience with other facetrackers or VR, but it certainly made me enjoy VFR much more.

Here is a video I made yesterday, having fun in the Spitfire: Microsoft Flight Simulator - Flying the Spitfire using Tobii Headtracking - YouTube

The only issue I have had is the recent driver upgrade was a pain, but when I got help from the Tobii discord people it was solved.

I use it for Star Citizen and MSFS :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for your video. Good to see it appears to be working well and smoothly. I think if they add in the X, Y & Z axis as well as curves then it will be in a great place.

1 Like

Good to see vendor support, Jonas. Just for that, placed an order :+1:

2 Likes

Iv added one more, flying the F18

1 Like

I think i just give up. Even tried a complete install of tobii software. Just will not work in MSFS. works just fine in every other app plus I use it for windows hello.
Does nothing in msfs. I have noticed in options it show both tobii and track ir. This pc has never had trackir installed or any other program like NoFace track ir. I am going to quit messing with it as alI i get is a very strong case of ■■■■■■ off :slight_smile:

Did you follow my guide above?
I was also in a situation where Hello in Windows worked but the Experience software would not see the sensor…

yup, nothing i do makes any difference. msfs recognizes tobii, but it does nothing. no idea why i have a trackir setting as i have never owned it :slight_smile:

oh, might mention i never had a trackir setting till this patch.

That is so strange. Does the Tobii experience software see your sensor?

Mine suddenly started working yesterday (didn’t work initially after update last week). However I can NOT find any controls to adjust. I need to bind a button to turn it off and to reset. Where can I find those control options?

I hope this helps you.

I have set up mine but cannot get it to work in sim. Any tips? I notice in Tobii Experience app that it tracks my eyes fine but there is no home page to show it tracking my head, just a bunch of small windows for different links like Gaming, streaming, Windows etc.
In sim, I can see the Tobii tab under controllers but in the aircraft, no tracking. I have toggled the head tracking in the camera menu although I note it is listed as Track IR. Not sure if that has any impact or not. I do have Opentrack installed for use with my Trackhat but that is currently not running.

Are you using the latest version of drivers from Tobii? They released a new set by the end of October…

Good news is that if you can see it in Tobii experience, your issue is not between the sensor and Tobii.

Yup, pulled down the drivers today and installed. Had it installed earlier in the year when I first tried Tobii so had to do a clean install of the drivers to get the new ones installed but definitely working fine in Tobii Experience. Quick question though, do you see the full head tracking in Experience as I’m only seeing the windows with links to various config items or the gaze circle if I enable it. I’m not seeing the virtual head responding to my movements.

Hey
On the steam version F12 takes a screenshot.
Also in the setting I cant see the options for tracker :frowning:
Where in the options should I find it?