Malaga Airport (LEMG) is missing…

Hello! My name is Raphael and I’m using FS 2020 from Málaga, Spain. However, Malaga Airport (LEMG, or also AGP), is missing! Simply, it is doesn’t appear. Moreover, its main runway it is not at the maps, either. However, a smaller AeroClub Airport in a village near Malaga (LEAX), is depicted, as it has to be. LEMG is an international and intercontinental airport in Europe, very important with 4 runways and 3 terminals. I don’t know why is this (surely someone forgot), but it would be very appropriate to have this fixed ASAP.- Thank you, anyway, for this superb simulator. Best regards, Raphael.

5 Likes

Hi Raphael,
Welcome to the forum.
Yup, Malaga airport is missing. It was missing in the Alpha/Beta too.
It was reported many times to Zendesk before launch, but nothing …
It is a major (and well known by many of us) airport and it is a shame it is not in the sim.
Maybe sometime in the future …

2 Likes

And Zaragoza, and Sain Nazaire and the bridge, and Vagar (that was in the alpha) all reported to Zendesk.

Hello, everybody. I’ve just received this answer from FS 2020 Simulator Support Team. However, I believe it’s not saying when the airport thing will be solved, anyhow:

*Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator support today. *

*We are planning to have discreet World Updates that focus on a specific region of Earth. The current plan is to do this every 2-3 months. *

*In order to really celebrate that particular part of the planet we are updating, we are also planning on creating some new hand-crafted airports, some new POIs and we will also attempt to provide some more activities … like landing challenges. *

We are very excited about this as it will – over time - spotlight all regions of Earth, which we hope will bring focus to areas that might not be a current aviation hub.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

1 Like

In my Zendesk Zaragoza was ticked as solved… So let’s expect that the specific region Europe West wil be ready…
I my case I don’t need a hand crafted LEZG, simply the layout.

Well. anyway… if someone wishes to install Malaga LEMG Airport, and its zones, here is in DropBox. The only thing to do is to uncompress it and the MALAGA LEMG asobo has to be put into Community…And that will be all. I tried to give Microsoft the chance to correct things, but they behave so ataraxic and unresponsive as always. Here it is and I don’t know if it will last much longer! Substitute “pepe” with “https”, as links are not permitted.

pepe://www.dropbox.com/s/1tbvfn1y08cqjhd/asobo-airport-lemg-malaga.zip?dl=0

As already many times mentioned, in some areas aerial pictures are not available. When you look at bing maps (the source for MFS) many airports are pixelled. In Greece for example nearly all of them, Same for Stuttgart and LEMG is partially pixelled. There is for sure a reason, why this has been done and also for sure not easy to solve.

Well, I have to disagree. Microsoft’s maps sources are not unique, and If one compares them with those from Apple, or Google, you will see that Malaga’s Airport main track are not pixeled at all. I cannot tell why Microso0ft decided to eliminate an airport track, or many. But I can tell this is not easy to solve, neither have many excuses, too. What I can tell is this is a genuine Microsoft’s behaviour, as many we all already know. It is not excusable to spoil a product so good as MSFS 2020 could have been, with not only one, but many unfinished businesses as this one, apart from expressly publiciting the “37000 airports” thing. No, sir; we aren’t happy at all with these affairs

Not so with Malagar - the aerial photo of the runways and airport buildings are clearly visible on the ground - just not as actual hard surfaces or proper airport buildings.
Blurred photography isn’t a reason to not have an airport represented, especially when even blurred runways such as Eindhoven for example are
A: Clearly visible, just blurred.
B: Completely visible on Google Maps.
C: Even the left hand side containing the military base is completely mapped out on OSM, including the individual aircraft shelters. And those ARE represented in the sim.

This also poses another question. What happens to REAL world traffic at these non existant airports? Does it land on the grass & taxy to non existant terminals or just vanish?

1 Like

Is this ASOBO Málaga really official?

The problem is not only Malaga, there are important airports missing, those airports (layout, radios, NDB, ILS) were in old MS simulators. The military section in Malaga maybe has prevented that this airport had been integrated in the sim, as happens with other spanish Airbases, but surprisingly not Rota for not mention the detailed Gibraltar…(no comments, we are in a simulator forum)
MS-Asobo should react asap, and take into account that If everybody is building his own airport, MSFS can be converted in a mess of not standarised addons.
Also there were airports in Alpha that have dissappeared.

Oh that is great thanks

Thank you so much about adding this airport, i was really missing it so much and i was truly tired to land in Ronda (i like to start from Almería and visit another cities). Also i’m really enjoyining the IKEA detail, as much as other nearest buildings you have placed on it. I appreciate so much your work and will hope see little by little another missing airports like Albacete, Badajoz or Valladolid if you are on the mood to do it. Keep up with the good work.

Regarding LEMG Airport, don’t mention it. Really, I was not the maker of LEMG, and I believe that was Asobo’s, but for some reason I don’t know, it wasn’t included. LEMG layout, frequencies, all radios and navaids, the runways, taxiing roads and directions, along with MALSI, VALSI and RAALSI lights, all is there properly set, as also the ILS approach services.I live close to LEMG and I use to listen to the tower and ATC frequencies. Also the two VORs, Martin and Reina (MGA) are correct.

Regarding the city details, all are there (even the house where I’m leaving…): The coast’s profile, the railway station, the Cathedral, the nautical lighthouse, the city itself, the sports stadiums, the hospitals, the university campuses… really, all is there, even IKEA, as you told.

I’m glad you found this useful! Best regards, Rafa.

Hi Raphael, I also noticed that Malaga Airport (LEMG) is “missing”. There is a “Malaga, Malaga” in South America, but nothing in Spain. So I went to the map and saw “Marbella” with an airport sign!! And I saw LEAX. When I choose “Marbella” I did start in the air, for there is NO airport at Marbella. I then flew in the direction of Malaga and indeed, I could see the buildings and the ghostly outlines of the airport in the grass. But no lights, no tarmac, only grass. Strange, for Transavia flies from Rotterdam (my hometown) to Malaga. Perhaps Aerosoft will make a airport scenery for Malaga, as they have done in FSX. You could ask them! Perhaps that is faster than waiting for Microsoft…

you could install the dropbox link Raphael attached into community folder:

Hello Raphael,

I have family in Spain and I just visited there last Christmas. Obviously, I wanted to be able to fly around there after I returned. So I was shocked to see this airport omitted from the sim.
I submitted a “airport missing” bug report today.
Hopefully, this airport will be added soon. Such a beautiful area, hope it’s corrected soon.
Best Regards,
Ryan
KJAN

where did you get this ? did Asobo made this ?

I think it so. It came from a Spanish MFS tester, and the quality, as you can see, is very good. I can guarantee that.

Oh the airport is there! A bit more bumpy than I can remember but its great for playing soccer!

1 Like

Malaga airport is part of the 1.9.3.0 update, it seems to be handcrafted but there is still a problem : where is runway 13/31 ?

2 Likes