Malta LMML

Can someone please explain to me how we are on sim update 12, Malta and Italy had a world update some time ago, and the ground textures when flying around Malta still keep changing? It is so bad that it completely ruins the flight to the point that I will now only fly there at night. The ground textures change as you fly over the runways and then change back when you go away from them. I can’t imagine too many people fly around Malta, so maybe I am the only one that this bothers. Shouldn’t a world update have resolved these issues? What I have noticed on the map selection page, is that if you zoom in and out and the map textures change, you know that area will have ground texture issues (changing textures, popping, tiling and colours changing) if you fly in that area. The same applies worldwide, so try it for yourself. There is clearly a major issue causing this, and it has been going on since MSFS 2020 was released, and 12 sim updates later (13 if you include the beta in which it still happens) it still isn’t fixed, even though Malta has had its own world update. I have reported this as a bug previously, but because not many people fly around Malta, there is not enrobing votes for it to get looked at by the developers. This happens with the standard scenery and also if you use the Just Sim add on. It makes no difference. It also doesn’t make any difference if you fly before or after installing the world update. I have deleted the rolling cache and it makes no difference either. I am on Xbox by the way, but others have told me the same issue exists on PC. Can anyone help with this?

Long time reported bug, its everywhere, not only malta… see here:

1 Like

Why are they not fixing the issue if it is longstanding bug?

I can’t even see any mention of it in the development updates.

Well, nobody knows… existing since Oct 22 and its logged as bug, but doesnt seem to have any priority… lets hope for MSFS 2024…………

06-06-2023_21-13-30-s1uhlsvj.mp4

Malta texture issues

I think it should be fixed now

Why do you say that? Just because it doesn’t occur at times isn’t necessarily fixed

Apologies, I meant to say it should be fixed with SU15, and the last City Update as they said in the last Dev Update this week.

1 Like

oh ok. Not holding my breath …