Mamudesign Marinas - Boats and Piers in the World

I finally got home and set up with my Twotter profile in SPAD. It’s great, just great, to finally have an ‘anchor’!

1 Like

Yeah that doesn’t sound like a fun task!! I’d wait for people to report them to you lol

1 Like

@Baracus250
:smiley:
not fun finding them manually…but with the power of geolocation…
81 locations in the world to check, not a big deal (most were false positive)
pretty easy do to, take all airports in the world, extend the runway centerlines, buffer them a bit and find all pier inside the buffer :slight_smile:

Airport fixed in osm (fix to the addon will come in next update)
KSFO
KOAK
ESPA
VHHH
LGTS
RJBB
KMCF
LFMT
ZGHA
KNGP
KJFK
KGLS
KLGA
KMSY
KPHL
EDBN
KNIP
TXKF
ROAH

and after @Squibby6134 findings:
NZAA
RJTT
KBOS
KBFM
WILL
WADD
WMKK

• KDCA (thanks @N6722C for the heads up on this!)
18 Likes

That’s why you do what you do :smiley:

Nice one!!

Now, for those waterfalls :wink:

:ocean: :triangular_ruler: :rainbow: :hammer: :straight_ruler: :angel:

2 Likes

Also noticed this at NZAA.

1 Like

Any chance we’ll get this awesome addon on Xbox as well?

Thanks, fixed for future updates!

My application to the Marketplace is still in review. It has been pending for 18 months right now

Without Marketplace approval is impossible to publish on XBOX

That’s pretty sad, because this mod, and some others I have published in the past are heavily appreciated, but without Microsoft approval XBOX users can’t enjoy this content.

The same situation applies to other friends that are waiting for MS approval

1 Like

That’s absurdly long period. Hopefully it will get through soon because I think that’s the biggest drawback of the console. Less content compared to the PC version.

I understand that for the Xbox content, there must be a check prior because it is a closed system. It takes time.

Shouldn’t take a year and half though. That’s nearly as old as the whole game at this point! :frowning:

Please do not tag Staff per the Code of Conduct. Post edited to remain up.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any malice here. It’s simply because there is no freeware on the marketplace aside from the odd thing from their partners.

If you sold it for a nominal price and submitted it as a payware product it’d definitely be accepted I think.

Fantastic add on, just tried it out tonight. Right up there with Gaist and We Love VFR for must haves. Thank you to dev. VFR is more fun now.

8 Likes

This mod is fantastic! Thank you for all of your work on this. I noticed it everywhere this weekend flying around the finger lakes and Lake Ontario and Lake Erie and other little lakes.

3 Likes

(sorry if a Mod consider the following offtopic, it is just an elaborated answer for XBOX users)

Thanks mate,
actually the main issue is not the price,
The problem is getting into the Marketplace: to enter into it you make a simple application, that is not related to any specific product (thus any specific price): you introduce yourself, the product you are likely to sell, period.
And then you wait for someone evaluatining this application. And seems like that those that haven’t still sold anything for previous sims are stucked at the end of the line

So we have a Marketplace with extremely good stuff from well known vendors, and

The odd thing is that the Marketplace system has a tremendous economic potential, and Microsoft is throwing that in the bin. Very sad to say :sleepy: for multibilion company that KNOWS how to make money

More sad is to have the entire XBOX user base not having the opportunity to enjoy the sim with products that will never be available there because of the long Marketplace’s applications line.

Sometimes someone tell me “hey, MS/Asobo shoud hire you because you make such good work”. It will be better to hire someone to speed up the Marketplace process :sweat_smile:. This applies also to the freeware part of the Marketplace

7 Likes

Also sorry for off topic. Is Bijan a developer that sold content for previous sims?

I would definitely pay $15 for your addon!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Bjian is a (very good) brand new Dev with only MSFS works
btw another “known” way to reduce the marketplace approval queu seems to be having your products already sold on others websites, and bjian was selling on simmarket prior to land on the Marketplace
Is this really adviced? I’m not the kind of person who keeps his foots in both worlds

Application is still in review, I have recently updated it, let’s hope for the XBOX users

Where is that? The marina looks great!

Shot from the air is over Santa Cruz CA, USA. Shot from the ground is a random jetty not far south of KSFO.
Yes the marina looks great. Did a fly around my local area (western Scotland) , and all marinas looking good (go look at Balloch on the southern tip of loch lomond, the river is full of pontoons & watercraft). Only problems I could find relate to jettys for other use eg ferries and things. These have yachts etc too now, but not a biggie! Scenery looks so nice. Love that whenever there is a marina there are also a few scattered leisurecraft at sea too, nice touch. Also like the stone breakwaters. The amazing thing is this is so far reaching. Kudos to dev for this.

3 Likes