Manchester airport (EGCC): Building on taxiway

Unfortunately you can’t go past it as you can collide with it and it stops the sim as a crash.

Hi @DreadFeline107 !
When you come across glitches like this, either at airports or outside of them, report this via zendesk so they have it in the bug tracker.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

UK World update comes this month (26 January) - so hopefully some of these may get fixed. If you get the report in prior to this update, hopefully it’ll be caught!

superspud has created a simple file fix on flightsim.to Flightsim.to ‱ EGCC - Manchester Taxiway Building removal by superspud

1 Like

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Yes A32NX mod
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No dev mode
Brief description of the issue:
Manchester airport
There is A Tiny house standing in the way on taxiway A.C.L. to gate 12L.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
yes
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Every time
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
in profile
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No!

Can the little house in the middle of EGCC taxiway be deleted?

Hi,
This little annoyance has been noted and reported on a number of times since the sim was released. Sadly, even after World Update 3: UK & Ireland, there it remains.
Sad testament then to a feedback system that seems at times incapable of addressing the most
glaring of visual anomalies.

Of course, this sort of visual hiccup is inevitable in a program of such size and complexity but
EGCC is my ‘home’ airport and this, ‘the hut of doom’ always breaks any sense of immersion
for me when taxiing in.

Ah well. Maybe some code auditing apprentice will get around to it one day.

A quickie was done here for someone who then uploaded it for others. I also added some light.

3 Likes

Good steer.
I will have a look at this.
Many thanks.

Just autolanded at EGCC and the taxi to the stand normally takes you straight through the “Hut of Doom” I just love that name as it did in fact result in a crash and termination of flight.
With the fix/mod its gone.
Can I congratulate all those who have done this for us ‘simmers’ who use EGCC as their home base.
Well done guys, impressive.
Mike (DreadFeline 107)

1 Like

Addendum:
I have now installed [copied to the community folder]:

Am very happy to report that the hut of doom has been vanquished.
Thank you Superspud, PinkPanteees and indeed DreadFeline107 for starting the conversation

1 Like