Manual Cache , How to use?

So i downloaded a small section of my home town in high quality and was wondering does it use the section automatically or do i need to turn of data streaming to use or what?

Thanks

Is has to be offline mode to use

That’s incorrect. When you manual cache an area, the game will automatically use that data when you fly over that specific area, and it won’t have to stream it in. This will help with performance. So in essence you shouldn’t have to do anything for the game to use that data.

1 Like

Well, the jury is still out on whether it increases performance or not. I cached Manhattan in high level detail and I see abolutely no difference from when I streamed it. I have a good internet service (500 mbps) but the very most I’ve ever seen streemed was about 18mbps and typically it is much closer to a steady 2-3mpbs.

Hey @funnelpond. No attempt at self promotion here ( :wink: ), but thought this guide would help.

1 Like

In experiments I did after setting up a manual cache the sim still streamed tons of data and performance was impacted. Disconnecting eithernet and wifi the cache showed the scenery at full quality without streaming any data, performance improved though not night and day.

Manual Cache area selection doesn’t work (in a usable way). Suspect we will see it re-programmed. Should be instant.

How can the cache size be reduced? Please, test yourself before you assume I’m dumb.