March 23, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

6 Likes

With the influx of WASM aircraft, plus Jörg’s extremely generous offer of reduced pricing on MS aircraft in the Marketplace for Deluxe and Premium Deluxe users, it’s like mega-blow-out-sugar-crash Xmas around here for Xbox users!

This sim has just reached cruise and it is just so awesome right now.

18 Likes

Osprey external nights not working on xbox?

Great updates this week with SU12! But something is missing
 Cowansims MD 500E? Guess we are waiting again. This is week 7. :man_shrugging:t2:

Updates on planes for Xbox from various forums:

BAE 146 (Just Flight)

Staff response:
Yes vey much the plan is to have the 146 available for Xbox users. We’ll need to resubmit the a/c to MS once we’ve checked everything over but assuming all is ok and nothing crops up at their end then it should be available fairly soon after the next sim update, where WASM issues are resolved.

Obviously no guarantees something could still appear that hinders progress but there’s not extra development time planned at the moment, it’s going to be a case of it is what it is for X-Box, no significant changes planned.

737+DC-6 (PMDG)

Robert:
We are in the process of resubmitting the DC-6 to Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace with a version compatible with both the PC and Xbox, as it was originally envisioned back in 2021. SU12 unlocks the opportunity for developers like PMDG to place C++/WASM based aircraft into the XBox environment- and we are eager to do that with DC-6 since it is already so widely appreciated on PC and has been highly anticipated by XBox users.

You can get the latest update for DC-6 via the PMDG Operations Center, provided that you purchased it directly from PMDG. If you purchased your DC-6 via Marketplace, we anticipate the update for your version to be available on 30MAR23 via Marketplace.

We are preparing to commence validation and evaluation of the 737 series on the Xbox platform. We currently anticipate that this will be a smooth and straight forward process that should see the 737 available for Xbox before end of April. Given what we know of the MSFS platform, we are not anticipating hitting any further roadblocks, but we need to carefully evaluate the product to ensure we do not find anything unexpected that might negatively impact the user experience across platform.

Our experience moving DC-6 across both platforms has been positively informative- which is the basis for my optimism.

We will keep you posted with more information on this topic as it becomes obvious to us.

Stay tuned and thanks for your support of our work!

CRJ (Areosoft)
No official word/date/timeline yet, but Kok has repeatedly stated two things:
The A330 has been made with full consideration to Xbox and Cloud players, and that
They will bring the CRJ once WASM is released (said on Mar. 10).

Exciting stuff.

14 Likes

as the title say, just thank you it took quite some time but WASM support enabling the FIRST Thursday two of the best ga aircraft (the 310 arguably the best one) is so amazing i can’t barely contain myself

thank you to all the people and teams involved, eager to see what’s ahead

4 Likes

really happy to see this way of progress in the weekly dev updates and espacially the marketplace updates and with it the amount of planes/Products going to be released for Xbox!

Also Thumb up for the “Marketplace Back log section” ! This quite a good move and i think not that easy for Ms/asobo, but thats the right way fellows! keep on :+1:

3 Likes

External lights are operated through the CDU. “MASTER CTRL” must be enabled before enabling the other exterior lights - just another quirk the Osprey has.

All of this is well documented in the aircraft manual (page 30), highly recommended to take a look at it: https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/630171340347ba4f0fff8279/63d96330e845e70c086ee59b_MS%20Osprey%20MV22%20-%20Manual.pdf

3 Likes

I missed that – what exactly is the offer. ?

• Reduced price to purchase the Deluxe\Premium Version for new buyers, with no benefit to thise that bought it earlier to support those versions 

or

• Reduced price for new Purchases in the Market Place, for those that have purchased the Premium/Deluxe version (and now realize, they may not have got a lot for those extra bucks,)

What are the first party aircraft that are now discounted for Premium / deluxe owners?

Not at my pc at the moment, but curious to know.

Most likely all aircraft Microsoft offers as “Local Legends”, “Famous Flyers” and the other series which usually are created by Hans Hartmann, Oliver Mosler, iniBuilds (valid for the AN225 as being a “Famous Flyer”) and Carenado.

A discount on the first party published planes in the marketplace for premium deluxe people as it states in the dev update:

During the livestream, Jorg announced a recent change to the pricing of some items in the Marketplace. As a way to show our gratitude to players who own the Deluxe or Premium Deluxe editions of Microsoft Flight Simulator, we are now happy to offer a 33% discount off the purchase of all first-party planes from the Marketplace to everyone who owns either of those editions. Thank you for your support!

The planes developed by Asobo like the Aviat Husky or by the other devs for Microsoft like the Famous Flyers and Local Legends. The Reno planes are individually discounted as well but dunno if the ‘package’ things are further discounted as the way they’re displayed is kinda rubbish.

Saw the Livestream, but again nothing about a better settings for the Views for Homecockpit Builders.
Thats annoying

Omg this really annoying that WE are waiting again for Cowansim MD 500 :relieved::relieved::relieved: and i waiting for BER Airport (LimeSim) too

Dear fellow Xbox simmers:

Christmas has officially been moved to March. Happy landings, everyone.

4 Likes

I was going to post a list of the planes I have on offer at the moment but its multiple pages long.
Some are specifically at 33%, which may be the ones mentioned in the update, but there are a few at 60% off.

A couple of examples:

1 Like

Shut up and take my Money Asobo! :joy:

I can only say thank you! For the SU12, for the relatively smooth launch of WASM on the console and today for the new fliers in the Marketplace!

Thank you!

A Cessna 310R in an insane level of detail, an equally awesome PC-6, the Osprey, the Sting S4
 This is a good day! And I hope for more such good days. I like to wait a little bit for many more developers & airplanes
 I’m excited to see what else is in store for the XBOX pilots in the next weeks!

My credit card is ready! :joy:

3 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but since we have no official discussion thread about the Developer Q&A Livestream from Wednesday, I will leave my feedback here :eyes:

I have no personal attachment to any of the questions posted in the Q&A forum in advance of the livestream, but as far as I know none of them were asked! In which case, what is the point of letting people post questions and vote ahead of time? :grimacing:

I really enjoy the livestreams, but I felt the previous two were better organised since Jorg, Seb and Martial could come better prepared to answer questions raised, rather than purely fielding questions from chat. It just worked a little better.

2 Likes

How do you report a bug? With the new update, I can no longer access the com buttons on the Cessna Grand Caravan. When I want to put the ATIS on com 2, I can’t turn it on because none of the buttons work.