March 9, 2023 Development Update Discussion

And then note that the reviewer later said he hadn’t read the manual, hadn’t contacted the developer about the issues he was having (just about all of them sim related and not plane related), and pulled the video down apparently, since it was more a statement about the reviewer than the plane itself…

Never go to a single source for reviews… The thread about this plane shows 1. the developer cares… 2. It’s a complex product that requires reading the manual… 3. People are warming up to the product as is, and updates are coming.

I think it’s just fine that developers do their own testing. It’s up to all of us to do research, from multiple sources, and then use our knowledge to actually make our own decisions.

1 Like

While i agree about having refund window, i don’t think the kind of testing done by the marketplace team actually has anything to do with the simulation quality of the addon. Otherwise captain sim c130 without any cockpit wouldn’t have made it to the marketplace.

And yet, there’s liveries available on fs.to for it, which means there’s people who actually like the CS C-130, we should force Microsoft to not allow such products to be sold, they shouldn’t be allowed to purchase those products…

This is the problem with expecting Microsoft to “judge” the quality of addons.

There’s two things we’re discussing here, the features available for a product (like the missing cockpit), and whether or not the product works, which is the point of having the developers test the products.

That’s exactly what I am saying regarding this new policy. Yes, it may bring more junk products to the marketplace, and yes, it’s the users’ responsibility to find out if a product is of a standard which is acceptable to them. Leave Microsoft to test if a product brakes the game itself or brakes any marketplace rules. But let the rest of the tests to be done by the developer since they will probably do it anyway.

Along with this change, if they implement a short refund window, like steam, it will be pretty good.

1 Like