Market place L-19 purchase It will not stop with throttle at idle brakes don't do anything to stop it

I Love prop planes and i bought this and went to fly it…the throttle was pulled to low and it still was taxiing really slow…I went ahead and took off and on landing…i pulled the throttle back to idle and it was still rolling, and the brakes were not doing a thing to stop it… Anyone else had this happen…I love the plane

Does it stop if you engage the parking brake? If so then something might be wrong with your wheel brakes. Do the brakes on the pedals animate?

1 Like

OK…this is a new plane for me…where or what keys the parking brake key…I have no rudder pedals.

Parking brake is either the MSFS keybind (CTRL + Num decimal) or in the Virtual cockpit, click on the red bar over the rudder pedals (you must look down to the floor).

This plane almost takes off when throttle in idle. When taxiing, it has a tendency to go faster and faster. So, you must not only pull throttle lever to idle, but also use the differential brakes (Num decimal) often. Keep her slow and do not brake too strong, or you will tip the plane nose over.

Via Google, you can find some revieuw video’s and also some “how to” video’s.

This is indeed a lovely plane and I hope, you find your way with it.

2 Likes

*Thank You…Thank You Dutch…i really appreciate you and the one other Kaha that sure have helped me…I love this L-19 top speeds 65 LOL I will check out the u-tube videos asap